Ready, Set, Glow: Outdoor Decorating Specialist Christmas Decor Offers Tips for Creating Bright and Beautiful Holiday Displays
LUBBOCK, TX - (Marketwired - Dec 8, 2015) - The holiday decorating season is now in full swing with property owners busy highlighting homes and businesses with festive outdoor décor. The decorating pros at Christmas Decor have borrowed a theme from classic holiday carol to offer home and business owners their 12 Days of Christmas Tips for a safe and sparkling holiday:
- Use LED Lights. They burn at a lower temperature and use nearly 90 percent less energy than incandescent lights, making them a safer and more efficient option.
- Choose a Theme. Whether you like a traditional look or a more colorful, contemporary approach, keep your theme consistent to create an attractive and cohesive look.
- Be Unique. Be true to yourself in your design. Find something that speaks to your style and make that the focus of your display.
- Use a Timer. Timers are great investments that save energy and hassle. Set your timer to come on about 30 minutes before sunset and to go off between 11 pm and midnight.
- Warm White vs. Cool White. LED lights come in two shades of white: traditional warm white and cool white. Choose your favorite. Both create a dazzling holiday look.
- Don't Over Do It. You can create a car-stopping display without becoming the Griswolds by adding eye-catching elements like character figures or animation lighting.
- Use Daytime Décor. Since lights don't show up well during the day, add daytime décor such as greenery of character figures to keep your home looking festive all day long.
- Never Use Old Products. Test all your lighting products before installation to confirm that all are in good working order. Replace any questionable or worn bulb or light strand.
- Highlight the Features of Your Home. Outline a distinct roof line or windows with lights, drape an archway with a lit garland, or light the pathway to your home's door.
- Don't forget the Backyard. Decorate a small area in your backyard to create a holiday focus through your windows. Light a tree or add a lit wreath to a piece of hardscape.
- You Don't Need to Do It All at Once. Start with a display that fits your budget and capabilities and add to it over time. This keeps your décor feeling new each year.
The twelfth and final tip, says Brandon Stephens, president of Christmas Decor, is really the most important: "When in Doubt, Call the Pros". If you are nervous about climbing that giant ladder or aren't sure how many strands you can plug into one socket, don't risk it. "Our professional holiday decorators not only minimize the risks inherent in installing holiday and event lighting displays," says Stephens, "they also achieve results that far exceed what an average property owner can accomplish with consumer-grade décor."
The franchise members of Christmas Decor -- the premier holiday lighting and decorating company in North America -- work with home and business owners nationwide to design, install, take down and store top-quality, high impact outdoor lighting, décor and special effects to light up the holidays safely and beautifully.
There is still time to have Christmas Decor decorate your home or business this holiday season. To schedule an appointment for a consultation or installation, or for more information about Christmas Decor, please visit www.christmasdecor.net.
About Christmas Decor
Since its inception in 1986, Christmas Decor has risen to become the premier holiday lighting and decorating company in North America. The Texas-based company was founded by Blake Smith as an off-season supplement to his landscape business and as a method to provide year-round work for employees. Christmas Decor quickly emerged as a viable business opportunity and today, operates in more than 350 markets in 48 states and Canada. Plans are underway to open locations in more than 100 new markets through franchise expansion in select communities around the country. Christmas Decor is highly revered in its field and has received consistent recognition for its efforts; some highlights include having been named one of a Top Ten Home Improvement Franchises for 2008 by Entrepreneur Magazine and AOL Small Business. Christmas Decor's parent company, The Decor Group, also offers the Nite Time Decor franchise opportunity, a growing 30-unit concept specializing in architectural and landscape lighting services. For more information, visit www.christmasdecor.net.
SOURCE Christmas Decor
Christmas Decor, Inc.