Decorating Den Interiors Honors 2015's Top Design Businesses
January 19, 2016 // Franchising.com // Easton, Md. - Decorating Den Interiors, North America’s largest home furnishings and interior design franchise company, named its Chairman’s Circle award winners for being in the top five-percent in sales in 2015.
“The Chairman’s Circle awards are the first we announce each year,” says Jim Bugg, Jr., president and CEO. This recognition was started by James S. Bugg, Sr., who died last year. He had served as company chairman since 1984, and was a member of the International Franchise Association’s Hall of Fame. He oversaw the company’s growth from practically all its franchisees being homebased to its current makeup in which nearly all of its larger units are based in outside studio/offices with a team of decorators and other support staff.
“Remarkably, three of these high achievers have been in business less than two years,” said Bugg. “Diane Schaefer and Linda Coin each purchased existing businesses and grew them significantly and quickly to become first-time Chairman’s Circle award level. Charla Traugott and Jill Schuey had started a design business after both working in furniture store sales, but converted to a Decorating Den Interiors franchise and quickly reaped the benefits of our business model.”
Sandy Kozar and Kathie Golson achieved their first-time Chairman's Circle status with 33-percent and 30-percent growth, respectively, over their previous year's sales, noted Bugg.
“Our company’s wide-spread geographic presence is highlighted by these distinguished owners,” Bugg emphasized. “These top franchises operate in Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Canada.”
Chairman’s Circle achievers were: (* indicates first time achieving Chairman’s Circle)
- Lisa Landry, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Arlington, Texas
- Catherine Pulcine, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
- Barbara Elliott and Jennifer Ward Woods, owners of Decorating Den Interiors of Stone Mountain, Ga.
- Nola Shivers, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Springfield, Mo.
- Charla Traugott and Jill Shuey, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Montgomery, Texas *
- Jeanette Turk, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Baton Rouge, La.
- Claudia Leah, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Naples, Fla.
- Diane Schaefer, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Venice, Fla.*
- Bonnie Pressley, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Fort Worth, Texas
- Linda Coin, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Sanibel, Fla. *
- Kathie Golson, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Orlando, Fla. *
- Sandy Kozar, owner of Decorating Den Interiors of Knoxville, Tenn.*
Decorating Den Interiors, which was founded in 1969, has franchises throughout the U.S. and Canada is ranked in Entrepreneur magazine’s top 500 franchises. Its online resource for exploring business ownership is www.interiordecoratingcareer.com.
SOURCE Decorating Den Interiors
Public Relations Counsel