Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies Offer Ideas in Honor of National Preschool Fitness Day
Five Ways Parents Can Encourage Healthy Lifestyle Habits
DULUTH, Ga. - Jan. 19, 2016 // PRNewswire // - National Preschool Fitness Day is celebrated annually on the last Friday of January. In recognition of the holiday, which falls this year on Jan. 29th, Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies, a national early childhood education franchise with three decades of experience, suggests five tips parents can use to inspire their pre-school aged children to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Walk and talk. Young children are energetic. Take advantage of your child's natural tendency to be active. Something as simple as a morning or evening stroll together can push your child to stay active. Use this time to communicate positive messages about healthy eating and physical activity. Keep the conversation light and fun; you are spending quality time together.
- Encourage playtime at home. Children can still be active when stuck indoors. Instead of heading for the TV or turning on video games, designate a safe play area and try some inside activities to cure the cabin fever. Create an obstacle course or play a round of tag. Parents should try to encourage 60 minutes of vigorous physical activity throughout the course of the day.
- Get active with your kids. Children who regularly see their parents enjoying sports and physical activity are more likely to follow suit. Plan family fitness outings at a local playground or nearby park. Bring fun equipment like a kick-ball, hula-hoop or a bike. As a parent, you are the role model. If you lead a healthy, active life, your children are sure to adopt your behavior.
- Prepare a healthy snack together. Brainstorm fun, healthy snack recipes for your child's lunchbox. Avoid foods that are high in sugar, trans fat and sodium. Since kids often have little control over what foods are served to them, praise them when they do pick healthy things to eat. Help children understand that healthy snacks give them the energy they need to concentrate on schoolwork and play.
- Check in with your local schools. Many schools honor National Preschool Fitness Day as part of their curriculum. Check in with your teachers to see what they're up to on Jan. 29th and share with your children to encourage fitness. Every school is sure to have something unique to offer.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies know the importance of physical activity in any child's development. Their schools provide tools for kids of all ages to learn and enjoy how to be healthy through an accredited Health and Fitness program. Throughout this curriculum, kids learn about healthy bodies, physical fitness, family-style dining and nutrition. As with any activity, Kids 'R' Kids stresses the importance of fair play and team cooperation.
Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies have begun winter enrollment nationwide. With a nationally awarded curriculum, Kids 'R' Kids provides early education and care for children from six weeks through 12 years of age at its nearly 160 schools located in 16 states across the country. Programs offered to children include infant care, toddler and preschool care, private pre-K and kindergarten, before-and-afterschool care and summer camp. In order to provide even more convenience for families with busy schedules, every Kids 'R' Kids Academy remains open during all major school breaks and school holidays year-round.
Kids 'R' Kids is the first preschool accredited by AdvancED in America, the world's largest education community. This accreditation ensures its schools are meeting and exceeding the highest accreditation standards and providing excellence in education beyond most daycare and childcare providers.
For more information, or to enroll your child at a Kids 'R' Kids Academy, please visit KidsRKids.com or call 770-279-7777.
About Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies
Headquartered in the North Atlanta suburb of Duluth, Ga., Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies provide a secure, nurturing, and educational environment for children ages six weeks - 12 years to bloom into responsible, considerate, and contributing members of society. With nearly 160 learning academies in 16 states, Kids 'R' Kids International® is a family-owned and operated organization that ranks in the top 10 nationwide for franchised early childhood education centers (www.kidsrkids.com).
SOURCE Kids 'R' Kids Learning Academies