Beat the Bloodsuckers: Mosquito Joe Teams Up With Local Blood Banks for National Mosquito Control Awareness Week
The Leading Mosquito Treatment Company Gives Back To Communities Across the Country With Blood Drives and Donations
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA (PRWEB) June 27, 2016 - Mosquito Joe, one of the nation’s leading mosquito control treatment companies serving residential and commercial customers nationwide, is taking an even stronger stance against pesky bloodsuckers in honor of National Mosquito Control Awareness Week. Between June 26 and July 2, Mosquito Joe will partner with local blood donation centers in an effort to give back to communities across the country.
This is the fourth year Mosquito Joe is teaming up with blood banks to raise awareness about mosquito-borne illnesses and the importance of mosquito control. For every new customer that signs up for a mosquito treatment service from their local Mosquito Joe location throughout the week, the brand will donate a percentage of those sales to local blood donation centers. In addition, the “Beat the Bloodsuckers” campaign also helps promote blood donation in their communities.
“Even though National Mosquito Control Awareness Week lasts for seven days, educating our customers on mosquito control is our priority year round,” said Kevin Wilson, Mosquito Joe’s CEO and “Head Joe.” “It’s increasingly important for people to be prepared to fight pests, especially as concerns about Zika virus outbreaks continue to grow in the U.S.”
The Zika virus, which is primarily transmitted through mosquito bites, was first identified in 1947 in Africa, but has appeared in the Americas in the last couple of years. The most common symptoms of the virus are mild—people can experience fever, rash, joint pain or eye reddening two to seven days after being bitten by an infected bug. Right now, concerns about the virus are mainly concentrated in the South and Southeast, where high temperatures and humidity are common.
“Zika cases in the U.S. are few and far between, but the CDC warns that the virus can spread rapidly,” said Wilson. “Our mission at Mosquito Joe is to prevent bug bites from happening in the first place. That effort begins with giving our families, friends and neighbors in our communities the information and tools they need to stay safe.”
The key to eliminating mosquito bites is creating an environment where they won’t thrive. Here are a handful of helpful tips families should keep in mind to keep their homes mosquito-free:
- Regularly empty ponds, bird baths, fountains, plant pots, buckets, barrels, tarps, toys, pet water dishes or anywhere else that water may gather.
- Walk through the yard after every rain and empty any containers or areas where water has collected. Also watch for puddles where condensation gathers from the A/C unit.
- Clean out gutters to avoid standing water. Examine them for clots and damage that would cause water to collect.
- Keep swimming pools clean, properly circulated and filtered. Empty “kiddie pools” regularly. Make sure you have good drainage around hot tub areas.
- Repair leaky outdoor faucets.
- Don't be afraid to educate neighbors. They may not realize they have a wheelbarrow full of water behind their shed. Politely offer to turn it over for them.
- Cut grass and shrubs short, as adult mosquitoes gather to rest in shady, cool areas. Keep the yard weed-free and avoid overgrown vegetation.
- Remove extra yard clippings, leaves, etc. from yard.
“Our corporate team and local franchisees are passionate about fighting mosquitoes. That’s why we’re excited to launch this year’s National Mosquito Control Awareness Week campaign,” said Wilson. “It gives us an opportunity to do what we do best— mosquito control—while giving back to the communities we call home.”
About Mosquito Joe
Virginia Beach, VA-based Mosquito Joe provides mosquito control treatment to residential and commercial customers nationwide. Technicians are trained mosquito control experts dedicated to getting rid of mosquitos so people can enjoy being outside again. While each Mosquito Joe is an independently owned franchise that offers customers reliable and effective service from a trusted community member, it is also backed by a national network of technical expertise. For more information or franchising opportunities, visit http://www.mosquitojoefranchise.com.
SOURCE Mosquito Joe
No Limit Agency
+1 (312) 526-3996