Hertz Makes Picking Up and Returning a Car Faster than Ever
Introduces electronic rental agreements, eReceipts and more…
ESTERO, Fla. - Nov. 17, 2016 // PRNewswire // - Picking up and returning a rental car at Hertz is now faster and easier thanks to several new service offerings. Hertz is introducing electronic rental agreements, and expanding its eReceipt and Express Return service to all customers at its U.S. corporate-owned locations. Additionally, customers now have the option to receive their rental terms and conditions, and important Hertz contact information, including roadside assistance numbers, via email for easier access.
"We know our customers – especially holiday travelers – want to get on their way quickly," says Alex Marren, executive vice president of North American Rent A Car Operations. "By giving our customers the option to receive their rental information electronically, including their receipt, we're making the pick-up and return experience faster and more streamlined. It also enables customers to access these documents instantly from anywhere, anytime."
Customers can take advantage of these new services by providing an email address at the time of booking. A Hertz representative will verify the email address at the time of pick up and return. For customers who do not want to wait for an attendant to check out their car or wait for a printed receipt, they can now take advantage of Hertz's eReceipt and Express Return Service and simply leave the keys in the car and go at select locations.
These service enhancements are a part of Hertz's continued effort and investment to elevate the customer experience with innovations and technologies that make renting cars easier. Other examples include:
- Hertz Gold Plus Rewards – members of Hertz's free Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program can enjoy an expedited rental experience by bypassing the counter at more than 50 locations. Members can also earn points that never expire and redeem for free rental days or exchange for airline miles or hotel points. Join free at www.Hertz.com/GoldPlusRewards.
- The Hertz mobile app – available for iPhone, iPad and Android allows customers to make, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations and browse special deals and offers on the go. The app also includes a handy "Find My Car" feature that uses GPS tagging to lead users back to their parking spot.
- Carfirmations™ – Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program members can receive alerts via email and text that show which car they reserved and where it is parked before they arrive. They can also view other available vehicles and change their selection before they arrive.
- ExpressRent interactive kiosks – speeds up the rental process for customers who do or do not have a reservation, through a live, face-to-face video kiosk.
Hertz Global brands Dollar Rent A Car and Thrifty Car Rental are also offering electronic rental agreements and eReceipts to customers. The services will be available at all Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty U.S. corporate locations by the end of this year and will begin rolling out to other countries in 2017.
About Hertz Global
Hertz Global operates, through its operating company The Hertz Corporation, the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty vehicle rental brands in approximately 10,000 corporate and franchisee locations throughout North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. Hertz Global is one of the largest worldwide airport general use vehicle rental companies, and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world. Product and service initiatives such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, Carfirmations, Mobile Wi-Fi and unique vehicles offered through the Adrenaline, Dream, Green and Prestige Collections set Hertz Global apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz Global owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation, operates the Hertz 24/7 hourly vehicle rental business in international markets and sells vehicles through its Rent2Buy program. For more information about Hertz Global, visit: www.hertz.com.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business