5 Things You’re Forgetting to Clean this Spring and How to Tackle
National Residential Cleaning Expert Molly Maid Provides Cleaning Tips for Five Often Overlooked Household Items
ANN ARBOR, Mich. - March 20, 2017 - (BUSINESS WIRE) - As we welcome the first day of spring today, homeowners everywhere are beginning to structure a game plan to deep clean their homes this season. Although the thought of spring cleaning can be daunting, Molly Maid, the nation’s leading residential cleaning franchise, offers expert tips on how to effectively tackle the chore to ensure no spot is overlooked. According to the professionals at Molly Maid, cleaning these items is essential, since they often hold the most germs.
Below are five often forgotten items and tips on how to clean them from Meg Roberts, president of Molly Maid. Tips include:
- Ceiling Fans: Ceiling fans collect a lot of dust that spreads around the room when turned on. To clean, slide a pillowcase around a single blade, and wipe. The dust will stay inside the case. Repeat for each blade, then empty the pillow case outside and wash.
- Toothbrush Holder: People usually remember to clean their toothbrush, but what about the holder where it’s stored? Rinse the holder with hot water and use a clean cloth to wipe the outside. Next, fill the toothbrush holder with antibacterial mouthwash, allowing it to sit for two minutes. Rinse and run the holder under water and let it air dry.
- Shower Curtain: To clean a dirty shower curtain, put it in the washing machine with two bath towels on the gentle cycle. Add 1/2 cup baking soda to the detergent during the wash cycle and 1/2 cup vinegar during the rinse cycle. Don’t put the curtain in the dryer, but let it air dry instead.
- Credit Cards: People often forget to clean the things inside their wallets such as credit cards, bus passes, library cards and debit cards, even though these items quickly accumulate germs. To clean, wipe with a damp towel or antibacterial wipe. Use a rubber eraser on the magnetic strip to wipe away excess grime.
- Dishwasher: The dishwasher should be cleaned regularly to maintain its efficiency. Fill a coffee cup with white vinegar or baking soda (or one of each) and place in the top rack and run on a normal cycle with no other dishes in the unit.
“People typically remember to clean the main items in a room, but it’s the smaller items that are often forgotten about that tend to have the most germs,” Roberts said. “These cleaning tips can help give people the truly clean and healthy home they desire.”
For all home cleaning needs, contact Molly Maid online or call (800) MOLLY MAID. A free, downloadable spring cleaning checklist is available on the website.
About Molly Maid®
Molly Maid® is a residential cleaning franchise that cleans more than 1.7 million homes annually. Founded in 1979 and franchising since 1984, Molly Maid established the Ms. Molly Foundation to raise awareness and support for victims of domestic violence in 1996. Currently, more than 450 Molly Maid units are operating in the United States alone, with an additional 200 operating throughout Puerto Rico, Canada, Japan, England and Portugal. Molly Maid has consistently ranked high in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500 listing and has been the recipient of numerous awards for entrepreneurialism, software innovation and humanitarian causes. Molly Maid is part of Dwyer Group®, a holding company of 13 service-based franchise businesses operating under the following service marks: Aire Serv®, Five Star Painting®, Glass Doctor®, Portland Glass, Molly Maid®, Mr. Appliance®, Mr. Electric®, Mr. Handyman®, Mr. Rooter®, Protect Painters®, Rainbow International®, Window Genie® and The Grounds Guys®. For more information, visit the Molly Maid website at www.mollymaid.com and visit www.leadingtheserviceindustry.com/molly-maid to find out more about franchising opportunities with Molly Maid.
Fishman Public Relations
SOURCE Molly Maid®
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances