The Melting Pot Toasts to Women Winemakers During Second Annual Uncorked Program
Leading fondue restaurant celebrates women in the wine industry from September 5 - October 30
TAMPA, Fla. - Aug. 22, 2017 // PRNewswire // - The Melting Pot® Restaurants, Inc., the world's premier fondue restaurant and a leading polished casual dining franchise, is celebrating women and wine this fall with its second annual Uncorked program, available at participating locations from Sept. 5 through Oct. 30. This year's program, not only highlights the wine, but also the story of the women behind our featured wines. Guests have two ways to enjoy a variety of wines: a wine tasting and a four-course pairing menu, where the notable wines enhance the overall fondue experience.
"The Uncorked dining experience is designed to bring out the unforgettable flavors in both our fondue and the variety of our featured wines," said Paul Brown, beverage manager of The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. "Each of the selected wines available are made by women who are making their mark in the wine industry, and we invite everyone to visit their local Melting Pot restaurant to raise a glass to the women winemakers who are crushing it."
This year's Uncorked program will feature five noteworthy wines that all share a common background: each come from a woman leading the wine industry today. Featured wine selections include:
- Barrymore Rosé - this rosé is the brainchild of Drew Barrymore and features delicate red fruit flavors with floral and light citrus aromas. Drew's love of how wine and food bring people together to create memories, has been the inspiration behind her wines.
- Joel Gott Pinot Noir - Sarah Gott, who leads a team of six women winemakers for the Gott brand, helped to create this Pinot Noir that highlights red and dark fruit flavors followed by an elegant balance of acidity and soft tannins.
- Girls in the Vineyard Cabernet - Kat McDonald, a former brewmaster in Australia, crafted this featured Cabernet that intertwines cassis and bramble fruit flavors with a hint of earthiness and cocoa. Kat decided to start making wines with the notion of truly celebrating and empowering women.
- Wente Chardonnay - green apple and tropical fruits are balanced by subtle oak, cinnamon and vanilla in this world-renowned Chardonnay. This wine is developed by CEO and head of the First Family of Chardonnay, Carolyn Wente, and her five-generation family.
- Location Select Wine - the fifth woman-made wine on the Uncorked tasting menu will be specific to each Melting Pot location
"The perfect wine and food pairing can be the difference between a good dining experience and a great one," said Jason Miller, executive chef of The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. "Finding similarities or contrasts of flavor, taste and texture of various foods and wines can lead to outstanding pairs. Our culinary and beverage teams have worked hand-in-hand to create a pairing menu that not only showcases The Melting Pot's exceptional ingredients and uniquely flavored wines, but complements the two as well."
The Melting Pot Uncorked offers guests two ways to enjoy this year's Uncorked wine selection:
- 3-Pour Wine Tasting - three 2-oz. pours from the variety of wines listed above served with a complementary artisanal cheese board, which includes pecan-encrusted gorgonzola globes, granqueso, smoked cheddar and dark chocolate wafers.
- 4-Course Wine Country Tour - each of the four courses - our new Monterey Alpine Cheese Fondue and Salted Caramel Toffee Fondue, The Melting Pot's signature California salad and the new Pacific Coast Entrée - offer pairing recommendations with the featured wines.
For more information on The Melting Pot Uncorked program, including additional background on the women winemaking pioneers, visit www.meltingpot.com/uncorked.
The Melting Pot operates more than 120 restaurants across 35 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates. The concept is known for offering an assortment of flavorful fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées served with signature dipping sauces. The menu features a variety of à la carte selections, highlighting customizable options that invite guests to enjoy one, two, three or more courses as they select any combination of individually-priced cheese fondues, salads, entrées and chocolate fondues.
About The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.
Founded in 1975, The Melting Pot has offered a unique fondue dining experience for more than 40 years. As the premier fondue restaurant franchise, The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc. has more than 120 restaurants in 35 U.S. states, Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. A leading polished casual dining franchise, The Melting Pot was recognized as the No. 2 casual dining restaurant in the Nation's Restaurant News 2016 Consumer Picks report. Known for offering a choice of fondue cooking styles and a variety of unique entrées, The Melting Pot's menu also features cheese fondues, salads, fine wines and chocolate fondue desserts. Fondue fans can join The Melting Pot's Club Fondue for exclusive promotions, special events and advance holiday reservation privileges. The Melting Pot is an affiliate of Front Burner, a restaurant management company headquartered in Tampa, Florida. For more information, visit www.meltingpot.com. To learn more about franchise opportunities with The Melting Pot, please visit www.meltingpotfranchise.com.
About Front Burner
Front Burner is a franchise management company headquartered in Tampa, Florida. It is affiliated with the corporate owners of and its management services extended to The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc., founded in 1975 with more than 120 restaurants in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. For more information, visit http://www.frontburnerbrands.com.
The Melting Pot
SOURCE The Melting Pot Restaurants, Inc.