5 Ways To Capture The Perfect Family Photo During Your Holiday Travels
December 21, 2017 // Franchising.com // MCLEAN, Va. - The holiday season is the time to travel, and while memories last forever, there's nothing like having the perfect picture to bring you back to the happy moments-but how do you get the right shot?
Check out some family-friendly tips for taking candid photos, so you can capture your special memory, just like Naomi Davis of Love Taza.
- Be prepared. Find whichever camera you are most comfortable with and have it ready to use. Whether it's a larger SLR or your phone, it's important to use the camera you feel most confident with and one that is readily available. If you don't have it handy, then you won't be ready to capture that special moment!
- Stop, drop and roll around. When it comes to photographing kids, remember to be patient, get down low and have fun! Try your best not to instruct or situate. Stay away from high-traffic areas, especially if other people are waiting their turn. Give them a holiday-themed toy or some decor to play with, which will help them be themselves. If you're looking to snap candid moments of your children, it's most helpful when you don't already have an idea in mind of how you want the image to come out. Just go with the flow, and amazing photos will follow!
- Don't be shy! Take it beyond the family obligations and make extra time to explore your surroundings when traveling. The guidebook is always a place to start, but don't overlook the real experts on fun things to do: the people who live there. That's right-don't be afraid to ask a stranger for an insider's perspective to land the best local cuisine and those fun holiday displays and happenings. Chances are, you'll uncover some off-the-beaten-path gems you won't find in any travel brochure.
- Make it easy. When you find the perfect setting for your family picture, don't struggle with a selfie stick. Ask someone nearby to snap the shutter. But make it easy for the person you have solicited to help: Have your group already in place, frame the photo for them and have all the settings prepared, so all they need to do is step in and click the button! We also recommend putting your camera on the "burst" setting, so chances are at least one image will work with everyone's eyes open! Tip: Keep the framing zoomed further out than normal so you can crop in later. This helps your chances of not accidentally having someone's head or feet cut out of frame.
- Food in focus. Visiting family this holiday season? Consider snapping photos of your favorite holiday dish to make it authentic. Don't be afraid to take a mouth-watering close up of your food, especially when your family's famous dish is on the table. Having more of a neutral background can help your food pop and remain the focal point. To add that "homey" touch, try taking the image overhead of the entire table-this will also get the entire spread.
To capture a special moment it's also very important to ensure your family is having a great experience all around. Wherever your holiday travels may take you, choose a hotel that gives you plenty of space and helps you feel comfortable such as Homewood Suites by Hilton. From free breakfast to all suite accommodations complete with a fully-equipped kitchen, Homewood Suites provides the conveniences that help families build their own memories this holiday season.
For more information, visit hiltonbringit.com and follow the #BRINGIT conversation on social media.
About Embassy Suites by Hilton
Embassy Suites by Hilton, one of Hilton’s 14 market-leading brands, is dedicated to delivering what matters most to travelers. The full service, upscale brand offers two-room suites, free made-to-order breakfast and a nightly two-hour reception with complimentary drinks and snacks. Both leisure and business travelers looking for a relaxed, yet sophisticated experience will feel right at home with brand-standard amenities like inviting atriums and complimentary 24-hour business and fitness centers. Embassy Suites by Hilton has 238 hotels with 48 in the pipeline. Hilton Honors members who book directly through preferred Hilton channels have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount that can’t be found anywhere else, free standard Wi-Fi and digital amenities like digital check-in with room selection and Digital Key (select locations) available exclusively through the industry-leading Hilton Honors app. For more information, visit embassysuites.com or news.embassysuites.com. Connect online with Embassy Suites by Hilton at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Director, Brand Public Relations Hilton Worldwide
+1 703 883 5826
SOURCE Embassy Suites by Hilton