Hyatt Regency Seattle Opens As The Largest Hotel In The Pacific Northwest
New full-service hotel features more than 1,200 guestrooms, 103,000 square feet of dynamic meeting and event spaces, multiple dining experiences, and more
December 10, 2018 // Franchising.com // CHICAGO - Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today the opening of Hyatt Regency Seattle, located in the heart of downtown at 808 Howell Street and near some of Seattle’s top attractions including the Space Needle, Chihuly Garden and Pike Place Market. With its sprawling, dynamic event space and number of guestrooms, Hyatt Regency Seattle is the largest hotel in the Pacific Northwest and new premier destination for meetings and events in the region. It joins two other Seattle-area Hyatt Regency hotels and offers a one-stop experience that puts everything guests need right at their fingertips.
The 45-story hotel features 1,260 guestrooms, all of which are furnished with floor-to-ceiling windows, sizeable modern bathrooms, 65-inch TVs and a collection of black-and-white photography, shot by six Seattle-based photographers, highlighting the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest region. The hotel also offers guests a StayFit® Fitness Center, outfitted with Peloton bikes and other Technogym state-of-the-art cardio and strength equipment, and an expansive Hyatt Regency Club lounge with fire pits and wraparound patio that provides guests with stellar views of downtown Seattle.
Located just two short blocks from the Washington State Convention Center and adjacent to The Summit, the planned convention center expansion building slated to open Spring 2022, Hyatt Regency Seattle offers more than 103,000 square feet of dynamic meeting and event space for a variety of gatherings, ranging from intimate meetings to larger conferences and weddings.
“Progress is all around us,” says Hyatt Regency Seattle General Manager Tom Wolf. “No other addition to Seattle’s vastly updated cityscape is more important for Seattle tourism than the new, very visible contemporary building right in the middle of town: Hyatt Regency Seattle. With the opening of the largest hotel in the Pacific Northwest this year, Seattle will finally have the meeting space options it needs.”
Consistent with the Pacific Northwest theme throughout the property, meeting and event spaces are named after bodies of water located throughout Washington state:
- The Columbia and Regency Ballrooms each offer 19,000+ square feet of space with 24- and 30-foot high ceilings, respectively.
- Two junior ballrooms: Elwha Ballroom is 7,200 square feet, while Quinault Ballroom has 3,400 square feet of functional meeting space.
- The high-end Deschutes Executive Boardroom, featuring a private balcony that can accommodate 24 people.
- Eight pre-function spaces, each ranging from 4,292 to 7,022 square feet, which are flooded in natural light.
- An additional 46 meeting rooms, ranging from 600 to 1,900 square feet, complete with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- All meetings rooms are outfitted with audiovisual equipment, multiple electrical, microphone and phone outlets, as well as blackout blinds and T1 high-speed Internet with dedicated bandwidth capabilities.
The new Hyatt Regency Seattle also offers guests three on-site dining experiences:
- Andare, a fast-casual Italian-style trattoria, which features a variety of homemade pasta dishes, salads and pizzas cooked in a wood-burning oven
- Daniel’s Broiler, an upscale and locally renowned steakhouse owned by Schwartz Bros. Restaurants, which features USDA Prime steaks, seafood, an extensive wine list and a vast collection of whiskeys, as well as a piano bar
- The Market, a 24-hour premium grab-and-go retail space with café seating, where guests can purchase freshly prepared hot and cold food and beverage items.
Built by local developer R.C. Hedreen Company, in collaboration with Seattle-based companies LMN Architects and Sellen Construction Group, the new hotel features elements that celebrate the Pacific Northwest region and can be seen throughout the property’s guestrooms and public spaces. Upon arriving, guests will notice the bright, open, and contemporary design, matched with floor-to-ceiling windows to let in as much natural light as possible, and purposefully selected, locally inspired art and photography.
R.C. Hedreen Company successfully builds and operates hotels in Seattle, and its portfolio includes Grand Hyatt Seattle and Hyatt Olive 8. To leave a lasting impact on the Pacific Northwest region with Hyatt Regency Seattle, local companies who understand Seattle real estate, LMN and Sellen, were brought in to collaborate, design and build the impressive sky-high hotel. LMN believes that architecture celebrates the inherent qualities of the region, community and site. Any new building functions in relationship to the fabric of its physical location and community of users, as well as its social, cultural and environmental context. Sellen is Seattle’s premiere builder - building communities, relationships and of course most of the significant buildings in town.
Additionally, Hyatt Regency Seattle is targeting LEED Gold Certification in 2019, which is the second highest green building rating in the world. As part of their efforts, Hyatt Regency Seattle has incorporated many sustainable elements into its guest amenities and overall design, including:
- Premium large-format bath amenities in each guestroom bathroom, saving more than one million plastic bottles in waste.
- Installing a light-colored roof to reduce the urban heat-island effect.
- Incorporating a highly efficient laundry system that captures both heat and water after use to reduce the need for additional energy to preheat incoming water to the laundry system.
For more information about Hyatt Regency Seattle or to book your accommodations, please visit hyattregencyseattle.com.
About Hyatt Regency
The Hyatt Regency brand prides itself on connecting travelers to who and what matters most to them. More than 185 conveniently located Hyatt Regency urban and resort locations in over 30 countries around the world serve as the go-to gathering space for every occasion - from efficient business meetings to memorable family vacations. The brand offers a one-stop experience that puts everything guests need right at their fingertips. Hyatt Regency hotels and resorts offer a full range of services and amenities, including the space to work, engage or relax; notable culinary experiences; technology-enabled ways to collaborate; and expert meeting and event planners who can take care of every detail. For more information, please visit hyattregency.com. Follow @HyattRegency on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and tag photos with #AtHyattRegency.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a portfolio of 14 premier brands. As of September 30, 2018, the Company's portfolio included more than 750 properties in more than 55 countries across six continents. The Company's purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top colleagues, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company's subsidiaries develop, own, operate, manage, franchise, license or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, vacation ownership properties, and fitness and spa locations, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club® and Exhale® brand names. On November 30, 2018, the Company expanded its hotel and resort portfolio with the inclusion of 74 properties operating under the Alila®, Destination®, Joie de Vivre®, Thompson Hotels® and tommie™ brands. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
GreenRubino for Hyatt Regency Seattle
+ 1 206 957 4266
+ 312 780 3004
SOURCE Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business