Home Franchise Concepts Awards Franchisees for Extraordinary Service to their Communities
For the second year, Heart & Home Awards recognize Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft franchisees for their local community service and give-back efforts
February 13, 2019 // Franchising.com // IRVINE, Calif. - Home Franchise Concepts (HFC), one of the world’s largest franchising systems in the home improvement goods and services space and the parent of the Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft® and AdvantaClean® brands, has announced the recipients of its 2019 Heart & Home Awards and Budget Blinds Cares Awards.
Created in 2017, the Heart & Home Awards recognize Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft franchisees in the U.S. and Canada who embody HFC’s core values of caring and giving back in their local communities. The program is an extension of Heart & Home, a long-term commitment by HFC to transforming the lives of individuals through ongoing national partnerships and local, community efforts.
According to HFC CEO Shirin Behzadi, Heart & Home aligns with HFC’s core values of trust, collaboration, transparency, commitment and, especially, caring for its customers, franchisees and communities, which has been part of the company’s DNA since the very beginning.
This year’s Heart & Home Award winners were announced by Behzadi from the stage of “Ignite,” the 2019 International Convention for Budget Blinds, Tailored Living and Concrete Craft franchisees in Orlando.
- Todd Greenberg of Ossining, N.Y. (Budget Blinds of Ossining)
- Sue and Gord Swarbrick of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada (Budget Blinds of Southwest Manitoba)
- Todd and Leslie Kerekes of Pennington, N.J. (Tailored Living Serving Princeton)
- Alex and Clara St. Urbain of Marietta, Ga. (Tailored Living Serving Marietta)
- Chuck Yates of Knoxville, Tenn. (Concrete Craft of Knoxville)
Future Heart & Home Awards will also honor franchisees from AdvantaClean®, acquired by HFC earlier this month. The addition of the leading restoration services provider extends HFC’s footprint and commitment to North American homeowners to more than 1,700 franchise territories operating in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
“At Budget Blinds, Tailored Living, Concrete Craft and AdvantaClean, we offer products and expertise that make a house a home,” said Behzadi. “The extraordinary work of our franchisees allows us to make good on our promise to create communities that are vibrant and full of hope. Once again, our Heart & Home winners prove it every day: one person can make a difference in their community and in the world. There really is no place like Home Franchise Concepts.”
Behzadi also used the occasion of “Ignite” to announce the winners of Budget Blinds Cares, a 2018 community service initiative spotlighting Budget Blinds business owners who give back to their communities, customers and customers’ homes. The largest community service initiative in Budget Blinds history, the program was highlighted by a video-sharing contest designed to celebrate caring franchisees in the company.
The Budget Blinds Cares video winners split $14,000 to share with the local charities of their choice.
- Dell and Susan Cannon of Lubbock, Texas (Budget Blinds of Southwest Lubbock) – Grand Prize including $10,000 donation to New Legacy Home for Women in Lubbock.
- Mike Meier of Sophia, Randolph County, N.C. (Budget Blinds of East Raleigh) – Most Heartfelt Award including $1,000 donation to Randolph Health Cancer Center in Asheboro, N.C.
- Jim and Debbie Stoddard of Lee’s Summit, Mo. (Budget Blinds of Lee’s Summit and Budget Blinds of Overland Park) – Most Creative Award including $1,000 donation to Hope House in Lee’s Summit.
- John MacKenzie of Omaha, Neb. (Budget Blinds of North Omaha) – Highest Engagement Award including $1,000 donation to Nebraska Casa.
- Tom and Jaime Stepp of Elkhorn, Wis. (Budget Blinds of Walworth County) – Most Spirited Award including $1,000 donation to Seeds of Hope, Inc., in Elkhorn.
“Since a high percentage of our more than 1,200 Budget Blinds business owners are actively giving-back in their communities, we wanted to officially recognize some of our franchisees as a way to incentivize even more local philanthropic service – both inside and outside the company,” said Behzadi. “That’s because we know from experience that caring and giving-back are contagious: the more you hear about the amazing things that others are doing in your community, the more you want to roll-up your sleeves and pitch-in yourself.”
About Home Franchise Concepts
Home Franchise Concepts (HFC) is one of the world’s largest franchising systems in the home improvement goods and services space, among the world’s largest franchise businesses and a recognized leader in franchisee-franchisor relationships. HFC’s four brands including Budget Blinds®, Tailored Living®, Concrete Craft® and AdvantaClean® are consistently rated at the top of their categories and supported by nearly 1,700 franchise territories in the U.S., Canada and Mexico.
Sophia’s Choice PR
SOURCE Home Franchise Concepts