DoubleTree by Hilton Focuses on Asia Pacific in Expansive Global Development
Nearly half of future development planned in growing tourism and business hubs across the region
February 19, 2019 // Franchising.com // SINGAPORE and MCLEAN, Va. - Sustaining its tremendous growth into 2019, DoubleTree by Hilton will expand its footprint around the world, with nearly half of its 200 planned hotels located in the Asia Pacific region. Fourteen new DoubleTree by Hilton properties are slated to open this year across China, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, Sri Lanka and New Zealand, adding to the close to 560 existing DoubleTree by Hilton properties currently in its global portfolio that spans across 45 countries.
To accommodate the region’s thriving economic centers and growing tourism industries, DoubleTree by Hilton looks to provide an upscale solution to those in or traveling to the region with innovative, comfortable hotels and its signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie welcome.
“As DoubleTree by Hilton celebrates its 50th anniversary in 2019, we are eager to continue providing guests in the Asia Pacific region and around the world with our outstanding DoubleTree hospitality,” said Shawn McAteer, senior vice president and global head, DoubleTree by Hilton. “By opening hotels such as DoubleTree by Hilton Weerawila Rajawarna Resort, our first property in Sri Lanka, our brand continues to maintain its commitment to innovation and the gold standard for hospitality for guests around the world.”
From exploring the vibrant cultural hub of Perth, Australia at DoubleTree by Hilton Perth - Northbridge, to experiencing the eclectic metropolis of Surabaya, Indonesia at DoubleTree by Hilton Surabaya, each DoubleTree property will provide both leisure and business travelers access to key cultural and business centers across the Asia Pacific.
“Hilton is leading the hotel construction pipeline in China, with DoubleTree by Hilton being our second fastest-growing brand in the region with more than 100 planned projects and an aggregate of close to 27,000 rooms,” said Sean Wooden, vice president of brand management, Asia Pacific, Hilton. “While we reached a tremendous milestone of 50 DoubleTree by Hilton properties in Asia Pacific in 2018, we look forward to continuing our upward trajectory of growth with 14 DoubleTree by Hilton properties opening this year. These properties further our mission to be the most hospitable company in the world as we demonstrate our commitment by being where our guests want to travel across the region.”
Hilton has become woven into the fabric of communities all over the globe and in the company’s 100th year, global growth continues with the expansion of DoubleTree by Hilton across the Asia Pacific, opening the following hotels in 2019:
- DoubleTree by Hilton Perth - Northbridge: Launched in the heart of Perth in January 2019, this hotel is the first DoubleTree by Hilton in Western Australia and the first new-build DoubleTree by Hilton property in the country. The hotel is located in Perth’s cultural district and is a short walk from the city center, Yagan Square and the Perth Arena entertainment venue.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Shanwei: Located a short walk from the vibrant Jingting Bay beach and a 15-minute drive from the city center, DoubleTree by Hilton Shanwei will provide guests an ideal balance between vibrant street life and outdoor serenity. The seafront hotel is the first Hilton and only international hotel in Shanwei.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Yangzhou: DoubleTree by Hilton Yangzhou will boast astounding views of the Yangzhou skyline from stylish guest rooms, provide close access to local shopping and offer an array of on-property dining outlets.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Suzhou Wujiang: Overlooking the Jinghang Canal, this newly-constructed hotel will open as the only international hotel in Suzhou Wujiang’s business development zone, providing access to key economic centers.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Foshan - Nanhai: Located in central Nanhai District, DoubleTree by Hilton Foshan will boast a modern interior design, special art lighting systems and host the largest ballroom in its market.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Quzhou: Debuting as the first Hilton-branded property in Quzhou located within the administration center and new Central Business District of the city. Quzhou, with its 1,800-year history, is both a popular tourist destination with plenty of natural resources and cultural attractions as well as an industrial hotbed.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Shenzhen Nanshan Residence: Located near Qianhai Free Trade Zone and High Tech Park, the property will be the very first DoubleTree by Hilton Residence in China, catering to the needs of our long-stay guests. The hotel offers direct access to Shenzhen’s new Central Business District and is just a two-minute walk to the famous Holland Flower town, a popular tourist attractions in Shenzhen.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai Jing An: DoubleTree by Hilton Shanghai Jing An will be an excellent addition to Hilton’s portfolio within the strategically important city of downtown Shanghai. The hotel is located in downtown Shanghai, which sees a strong and mature demand for both business and leisure hotel accommodation.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Surabaya: Located in Surabaya’s city center on historic Jalan Tunjungan Road, DoubleTree by Hilton Surabaya will provide the ideal stay for business travelers and conventions, as it will boast the city’s largest ballroom, a large exhibition floor, 16 meeting rooms and a 360-degree rooftop meeting room.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Putrajaya Lakeside: a conversion hotel, DoubleTree by Hilton Putrajaya Lakeside will be Hilton’s first hotel in Putrajaya, Malaysia’s administrative capital, when it opens.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Napier Hotel & Suites: Situated in the coastal city of Napier, DoubleTree by Hilton Napier Hotel & Suites will offer a modern Art Deco-inspired stay near wineries, shopping, the city center and the waterfront.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Weerawila Rajawarna Resort: As the first Hilton property in Weerawila, this contemporary resort will be near three of the top 10 most visited Wildlife National Park and Sanctuaries in the Sri Lanka.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort: Guests will step into tranquility when checking in to this resort, the first DoubleTree by Hilton property in Phuket, located in the heart of Patong and directly opposite the white sandy beach and turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit: Conveniently located in the heart of vibrant Bangkok, DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit features panoramic views over the city from its 251 guest rooms, including four stylish suites.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances