Clean Windows, Clean Bill of Health: Health Risks of Dirty Windows Revealed
Fish Window Cleaning Educates Public in Time for National Window Cleaning Day
May 13, 2019 // Franchising.com // ST. LOUIS - Do you know the Filthy Four? You could have one or more of these contaminants on your windows that could make you sick. In honor of National Window Cleaning Day on May 15, Fish Window Cleaning® has launched an education campaign to warn of the dangers of four of the worst health risks lurking on windows.
The “Clean Windows, Clean Bill of Health” campaign aims to raise awareness of the health problems you may face if you don’t clean your windows properly.
“Many consumers and business owners don’t always understand the importance of window cleaning. It’s about more than just cleaning a window; it’s about your health,” says Randy Cross, President of Fish Window Cleaning. “We want to make sure that our customers understand the importance and value of regular, in-depth cleanings.”
The Filthy Four contaminants in the Fish Window Cleaning “Clean Windows, Clean Bill of Health” campaign declared to be the most dangerous to our health include:
- Bird Droppings - Contact with bird excrement, which can carry up to 60 diseases, can lead to respiratory diseases, yeast infections, and illnesses that affect the lungs and central nervous system, including forms of paralysis.
- Mold and Mildew - These fungi are often found inside homes, but they can also thrive on windows. Mold and mildew exposure can aggravate respiratory allergies as well as chronic respiratory conditions like asthma.
- Pollen - The bane of many Americans, pollen can accumulate on window panes and sills, contributing to the sneezing, eye irritation and congestion often associated with pollen allergy - even when indoors!
- Dust - Windows can accumulate plenty of dust - and worse - dust mites. Dust mites are microscopic, insect-like pests that love dirty windows and can cause respiratory issues and allergic reactions because of their feces, which may create airborne health hazards.
Health and safety are paramount at Fish Window Cleaning, which is an industry leader in ensuring the protection of both FISH window cleaners and customers.
FISH window cleaners are licensed, bonded, insured and professional, serving communities across the country. In addition to commercial and residential window cleaning, Fish Window Cleaning offers services such as mirror, skylight and chandelier cleaning. For more information, visit FishWindowCleaning.com.
About Fish Window Cleaning®
Fish Window Cleaning was founded in St. Louis in 1978 and is now the largest window cleaning franchise in the country, with over 275 nationwide locations. FISH provides service to more than 200,000 commercial and residential customers nationwide. Free estimates and customized service plans tailored to each customer’s needs and budget are just a few offered benefits. For more information, visit www.fishwindowcleaning.com, or call 1-877-707-FISH (3474).
SOURCE Fish Window Cleaning
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Moving and Storage
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business