7-Eleven® Stores Take Steps to Continue Serving US Customers
March 18, 2020 // Franchising.com // IRVING, TEXAS - As the world faces unprecedented measures to stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), 7-Eleven, Inc. is taking steps to provide customers with what they need.
“7-Eleven stands committed to providing our customers with what they want, when and where they want it even during this health crisis,” said 7-Eleven President and CEO Joe DePinto. “We’ve been a leader in the convenience industry for over 93 years, and we’ll keep working hard every day to earn your trust and your business.”
As a convenient alternative to in-store shopping, participating stores also offer delivery to more than 30 million households through the 7NOW® delivery app. 7-Eleven’s delivery service has added a contactless delivery option where customers can indicate if they prefer their delivery “contactless,” meaning the delivery is left at the door by the driver. Items available include beverages, fresh and hot foods, household items, groceries and more. 7NOW orders are delivered in about 30 minutes, however, demand may impact delivery times.
7-Eleven has enhanced its standards and procedures for hygiene, handwashing, sanitation, food handling and preparation in stores and increased the frequency of cleaning high-touch surfaces. A leadership team at the company's Store Support Center is dedicated to staying up-to-date with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines to make the best adjustments to business operations and policies as needed.
“I am so proud of 7-Eleven Franchisees, store employees and store support team for their tireless work to serve our customers during this international pandemic. We are monitoring the situation closely and prioritizing the health of customers, employees and Franchisees across more than 9,000 U.S. stores,” DePinto said. “We know our stores serve an important role in the communities in which we operate, and we are dedicated to providing the products and services our customers need.”
Additionally, the convenience retailer is taking the following steps to keep people safe and stores clean:
- Employees and Franchisees are being asked to stay home if they have any symptoms of the COVID-19 illness or feel sick. Customers are asked to do the same so that 7-Eleven store employees can continue to serve the community. Products can be delivered through the 7NOW app.
- We are implementing precautionary measures for all fresh food offerings: (1) All open-air fresh food items will be clerk-served including taquitos, hot dogs, hot chicken wings and tenders, and pizza. (2) Daily delivered fresh bakery goods as well as any items baked in-store will now be sold pre-packaged. (3) The fresh condiment bar has been replaced with a selection of pre-packaged condiments.
- CDC-recommended hygiene posters are displayed in high-traffic areas in stores.
- 7-Eleven stores have discontinued the use of personal cups for hot and cold dispensed beverages. Participating stores will still offer the refill discount on one-time use 7-Eleven cups in stores for anyone who brings in a personal cup.
- We are diligently working to ensure stores remain in-stock with high-demand, essential products.
- Stores will continue to provide quality products at fair, honest prices.
About 7-Eleven, Inc.
7-Eleven, Inc. is the premier name and largest chain in the convenience-retailing industry. Based in Irving, Texas, 7-Eleven operates, franchises and/or licenses more than 70,000 stores in 17 countries, including 11,800 in North America. Known for its iconic brands such as Slurpee®, Big Bite® and Big Gulp®, 7-Eleven has expanded into high-quality sandwiches, salads, side dishes, cut fruit and protein boxes, as well as pizza, chicken wings and mini beef tacos. 7-Eleven offers customers industry-leading private brand products under the 7-Select™ brand including healthy options, decadent treats and everyday favorites, at an outstanding value. Customers can earn and redeem points on various items in stores nationwide through its 7Rewards® loyalty program, place an order in the 7NOW® delivery app in over 35 participating markets, or rely on 7-Eleven for bill payment service, self-service lockers and other convenient services. Find out more online at www.7-Eleven.com, via the 7Rewards customer loyalty platform on the 7-Eleven mobile app, or on social media at Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
SOURCE 7-Eleven, Inc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances