Pizza Hut Expanding Team To Serve America Through Contactless Delivery, Carryout, And Curbside Pickup
- Hiring for more than 30,000 open positions currently available nationwide
- Company expediting onboarding process to have new drivers trained and on the road in 5 hours
March 25, 2020 // Franchising.com // PLANO, Texas - Now more than ever, restaurants have an important role in feeding families and those looking for safe, fast, and reliable food from brands they can trust. As the largest pizza brand in the U.S. by store count, Pizza Hut is committed to doing its part. The company is hiring and putting new procedures in place - and doubling down on others - to meet the changing demands of customers during this critical time.
New Innovation to Keep Employees & Customers Safe
With an increased focus on the safety of both customers and employees, Pizza Hut is now offering Contactless Delivery nationwide. No matter the location, for customers wanting a more contactless option that prefer their pizza left at the door upon delivery, no problem. Ordering is simple:
- At checkout, the customer clicks on Delivery Instructions and writes in how they’d like their food delivered. For example: “Contactless Front Door”
- Customers can prepay and tip using any credit or debit card
- The delivery driver will notify the customer once the food has been dropped off
Other precautionary measures the company is taking with a focus on keeping the families and communities it serves safe include:
• Getting customers their food on their terms via…
- Contactless Delivery, for customers who want the convenience of delivery, but with social distance in mind
- Curbside Pickup (where possible), for customers who don’t want to leave their car, but want to avoid the additional cost of delivery
- Contactless Carryout, for customers looking to get their pizza hot out of the oven, but with a contactless experience
• Doubling down on industry-leading and longstanding sanitization and handwashing procedures
• Ensuring a hands-free experience: once the pizza leaves Pizza Hut’s 400+ degree oven, it slides hands-free into the box and straight to your home
Hiring New Team Members to Respond to Increased Demand
Pizza Hut and its franchisees are hiring, with more than 30,000 open positions currently available nationwide. Most importantly, these are permanent positions. Available jobs include cooks, shift leaders, restaurant managers, and virtual call center agents. Pizza Hut is also hiring more drivers to meet an increased delivery demand as more customers order to eat at home. Those who are interested in applying for a position can visit jobs.pizzahut.com.
Pizza Hut is also expediting its hiring and onboarding process to accommodate people who are looking for jobs now, and to get delivery drivers on the road more rapidly, and ultimately to get customers their pizza quicker. The new process aims to have delivery drivers trained and on the road safely in five hours, which is nearly 3x quicker than the previous training procedure.
“Given the increased demand we’re seeing for delivery, we’re hiring new team members to help us feed America,” said Kevin Hochman, president of Pizza Hut U.S. “Whether through contactless delivery, curbside pickup, or carryout, we’re here to serve oven-hot pizza however customers want to get it. Based on families eating more together, we’re also seeing big demand for our new Big Dipper Pizza that is nearly 2 feet of pizza and has over 24 slices, so we’ll be extending the availability of that product, too.”
Serving the Community
As the country continues to navigate uncertain times, Pizza Hut is committed to providing helpful resources - and, of course, pizza - to the communities it serves:
- SERVING FRONT-LINE WORKERS: Pizza Hut franchisees across the country are doing their part to serve the community with pizza drops to essential personnel, healthcare workers, and those experiencing food insecurity.
- FOOD DONATION: With the support of longtime food recovery partner, Food Donation Connection (FDC), Pizza Hut is donating food from participating restaurants to those in need. Learn more about Pizza Hut’s Harvest program https://blog.pizzahut.com/harvest-program/.
- BOOKS: In partnership with its literacy nonprofit partner, First Book, Pizza Hut is helping send books to communities in need - 55,000+ so far since March 16th. For educators looking for additional books and learning resources for the kids you serve, https://firstbook.org/coronavirus/.
- EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES: Pizza Hut is also providing free educational materials and resources for parents through its BOOK IT! program, available at bookitprogram.com.
Stay up to date on all things Pizza Hut by following along on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. To order now, visit www.pizzahut.com.
About Pizza Hut®
Pizza Hut, a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc. (NYSE: YUM), has more restaurant locations in the world than any other pizza company. Founded in 1958 in Wichita, Kan., Pizza Hut operates over 18,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries.
With easy order options including the Pizza Hut app, mobile site, and Amazon and Google devices, Pizza Hut is committed to providing an easy pizza experience – from order to delivery – and has Hut Rewards, the Pizza Hut loyalty program that offers points for every dollar spent on food any way you order.
Pizza Hut is also the proprietor of The Literacy Project, an initiative designed to enable access, empower teachers and inspire a lifelong love of reading. The program is rooted in the foundation set by the Pizza Hut BOOK IT! Program, which is the longest-running corporate supported literacy program, impacting more than 14 million students each year. For more information, visit www.pizzahut.com. Pizza Hut is the Official and Only Pizza Sponsor of the NFL and NCAA®.
SOURCE Pizza Hut
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances