IHG® Army Hotels Support Communities and Military Families During COVID-19 Response
April 21, 2020 // Franchising.com // IHG® Army Hotels, a portfolio of hotels which serves thousands of guests every day on forty military installations in the United States and Puerto Rico, continues to fulfill its mission to serve communities and military families during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to caring for active and retired members of the military and their families, properties are providing safe and comfortable accommodations for service members who are supporting COVID-19 relief efforts or those who have been temporarily displaced during this emergency, including military personnel whose barracks or on-post housing have been repurposed.
- Elie Maalouf, Chief Executive Officer, Americas, IHG, commented: “During these uncertain and challenging times, the dedication of the men and women in uniform is evident - and we appreciate their service. Our teams at IHG Army Hotels, which include many veterans and military family members, understand the stress that COVID-19 has created and are committed to delivering the best care and True Hospitality that members of the military deserve.”
All IHG Army Hotels will remain open and operational during the COVID-19 response. In addition to serving guests, local hotels are focused on working with the U.S. Army and base leadership to best support the installation mission and their communities in the most impactful way. For example:
- Hunter Army Airfield and Fort Stewart (Georgia) - Hotels on these bases are just a few of the properties that are using their talents to make face masks for their colleagues, local first responders and hospital personnel on post.
- Joint Base San Antonio (Texas) and Fort Wainwright (Alaska) - To help provide a sense of normalcy for families, hotels on base maintained and adapted a years-long holiday tradition with a “socially distant” visit from the Easter Bunny, who dropped off individually wrapped goodie baskets for children in house.
- Across the Country - Through fundraising activities across multiple bases in recent months - including bake sales, denim days and other grassroots activities - teams at IHG Army Hotels properties across the country were able to make a collective donation to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation, an organization which builds mortgage-free smart homes for injured veterans and first responders.
In addition, many IHG Army Hotels have reached agreements with Garrison leadership in order to alleviate the financial burden of servicemembers affected by the “Remain in Place” order while awaiting transportation to their new permanent duty station. Servicemembers who present Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders upon check-in at these hotels will receive a daily room rate equal to their basic allowance for housing.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, IHG’s top priority remains the health, safety and wellbeing of guests and colleagues. All IHG-branded hotels, including IHG Army Hotels, have received extensive guidance regarding hygiene, as well as enhanced cleaning and disinfection procedures, and hotels are also following the advice of the relevant health authorities.
Established under the U.S. Army’s Privatization of Army Lodging (PAL) Program, IHG Army Hotels includes IHG as the exclusive hotel operator and manager and Lendlease as the owner and developer. IHG Army Hotels properties offer traditional conveniences, as well as unique amenities specifically designed for military travelers. To learn more about IHG Army Hotels, or to book a stay, visit www.IHGArmyHotels.com.
The IHG Army Hotel Team on Fort Stewart is making face masks for their colleagues, local first responders and hospital personnel on post.
Hotels on Join Base San Antonio helped provide a sense of normalcy for families with a “socially distant” visit from the Easter Bunny, who dropped off individually wrapped goodie baskets for children in house.
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN Hotels®, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, voco™, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, avid™ hotels, Staybridge Suites®, Atwell Suites™ and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 5,900 hotels and approximately 884,000 guest rooms in more than 100 countries, with over 1,900 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, our global loyalty programme, which has more than 100 million enrolled members.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 400,000 people work across IHG's hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: https://www.ihgplc.com/en/news-and-media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihgcorporate, www.facebook.com/ihgcorporate and www.linkedin.com/company/intercontinental-hotels-group
About IHG® Army Hotels
IHG Army Hotels, in conjunction with IHG Military Hotels, operates and manages a portfolio of hotels located in 40 U.S. military installations. With a portfolio spanning more than 13,000 rooms, IHG Army Hotels offers all the conveniences of off-post hotels as well as features and amenities specifically designed for military travelers, and welcomes all members of the military, their families as well as civilians. For more information, visit www.IHGArmyHotels.com.
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, Lendlease has approximately 13,000 employees internationally.
Our core capabilities are reflected in our operating segments of Development, Construction and Investments. The combination of these three segments provides us with a sustainable competitive advantage and allows us to provide innovative integrated solutions for our customers
+1 (770) 604-8114
SOURCE IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group)
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances