9Round Fitness Debuts New Line of Boxing Equipment in Walmart Stores Nationwide
Fitness equipment sales grow amid coronavirus pandemic
October 20, 2020 // Franchising.com // GREENVILLE, S.C. - 9Round Fitness, the world’s largest kickboxing chain, is partnering with the world’s largest retailer, Walmart, to offer a new collection of boxing equipment. Currently available at the Walmart website and in 600 Walmart stores nationwide, buyers can now jab and cross in confidence with 9Round branded gloves, mitts, wraps and a reflex bag.
The rollout comes at a time when fitness equipment purchases are skyrocketing since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. According to a Yelp report, consumer interest in fitness and exercise equipment is up by 437 percent since March 10th.
“The future of fitness is a hybrid model of people working out both in the gym and at home and this equipment rollout in Walmart stores is our way of supporting that trend as well introducing more people to the 9Round workout model,” said Shannon Hudson, Founder and CEO of 9Round. “Now more than ever, people are turning to exercise to reduce stress and anxiety during these turbulent times and, whether in-home or at one of our studios, the right equipment can enhance a workout tenfold. These products are designed for all skill levels with a focus on quality and fit.”
- 9Round Fitness Boxing Gloves in Black or White (Retail Price $24.97): These sturdy gloves feature a light-weight design, protective material and a unisex fit. The extra knuckle padding and cushioning help protect hands and wrists during a workout.
- 9Round Fitness Punch Mitts (Retail Price $24.97): These 10 oz mitts feature a light-weight design, protective material, and a universal fit. The closed-finger design and cushioning help protect hands while training. Featuring a curved palm to ensure that strikes don’t rebound or slip on impact, the 9Round Tri-Color Hand Pads maximize catching potential for consistent speed and punching accuracy during intense drills.
- 9Round 150” Hand Wraps (Retail Price $5.97): Add an extra layer of support and protection under boxing gloves while training with this professional grade hand wrap. Complete with a thumb starter strap and hook and loop closure for security and non-slip fit. These wraps are comfortable and easy to use. The 9Round Hand Wraps are made of machine washable poly-cotton material with the ideal amount of stretch, providing breathable comfort and safety while training. Sold in pairs.
- 9Round Reflex Bag (Retail Price $62.00): Help increase accuracy, hand-eye coordination, and speed with this high quality training bag. Simply change the height with the secure knob for users of different heights. The durable spring mounted design allows the bag to swing and sway when punched to improve the user's accuracy and precision.
Each item includes a pass for one free workout at a local 9Round studio of choice.
For more information visit the 9Round website.
Founded in 2008 by professional kickboxer Shannon Hudson and his wife, Heather, 9Round is a specialized fitness center that brings kickboxing fitness training to the average person in a 30-minute, trainer-guided, full-body circuit format. The program is developed around a proprietary and copyrighted system of nine challenging workout stations created by Shannon himself. Since the workouts occur on a continuous circuit throughout the day, there are no scheduled class times. Members utilize 9ROUND PULSE, the brand’s wearable heart rate technology, to track effort, heart rate, calories burned and workout time during each 9Round session. Today, there are nearly 750 9Round locations open and operating throughout 41 states and in 19 countries including Canada, Costa Rica, Australia, Argentina, Guatemala, India, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Mexico, Ecuador, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States. For more information, please visit the 9Round website.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances