Dream Dinners Announces DoorDash Partnership
Popular Family Meal Kits now Available On-Demand
SEATTLE, Sept. 30, 2021 // GLOBE NEWSWIRE // - Dream Dinners, which pioneered the meal kit concept nearly 20 years ago, and DoorDash (NYSE: DASH) are announcing a new partnership that will make Dream Dinners’ family meal kits available on-demand for the first time.
Co-founder/CEO of Dream Dinners, Tina Kuna, is credited with creating the retail meal prep concept in suburban Seattle in 2002. What began as a casual gathering of working moms to assemble family meals quickly grew into the first meal kit chain.
While some customers still assemble kits themselves, most pick up ones made for them or have them delivered. Kits are prepared by hand from fresh ingredients then frozen, eliminating planning, shopping and chopping. Cooking the meals takes as little as 30 minutes.
According to Statista, meal kit sales are expected to grow to over $7.6 billion in U.S. dollars by 2024. They totaled about $2.5 billion in 2017.
Local Dream Dinners kitchens are offering DoorDash customers a box of three ready-to-cook medium meals, which feed up to three people for $75 (fees apply), or three large meals, which feed up to six, for $150 (fees apply). Customers choose from five family-friendly options.
October’s menu features:
- Layered Ravioli Bake - Cheese ravioli, Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella, and mushrooms, tossed in a robust marinara sauce.
- Thanksgiving Burger with Rosemary Shoestring Fries - Stuffing seasoned turkey burgers with a cranberry mayo spread and French fried onions on a brioche bun served with a gravy dip.
- Caribbean Pork Tenderloin with Honey Mustard Glaze - Juicy roasted pork tenderloin in savory honey glaze with mustard and Caribbean herbs and spices.
- Countryside Chicken Fricassee - Sautéed chicken breasts cooked in a creamy French white wine sauce with mushrooms, carrots, and celery.
- Chicken Yakitori Over Jasmine Rice - Diced chicken stir-fried and simmered in an Asian-infused sauce of soy, sesame, ginger and brown sugar served over jasmine rice.
“As Dream Dinners heads into our 20th year, we are excited to partner with DoorDash as its first national meal kit offering on the Marketplace,” Kuna said. “This opportunity allows us to reach a new, younger customer base, increase our brand awareness and serve a wider audience of families as they gather around the table and enjoy pre-prepped homemade meals."
Prior to partnering with DoorDash, customers needed to order meal kits in advance. “This move to on-demand service is an important step in making the Dream Dinners concept more relevant to today’s consumers,” Kuna added. “It also will benefit franchisees.” Kuna noted that Dream Dinners customers may still place monthly orders directly with local kitchens.
“We are excited to continue our mission of empowering businesses to thrive online and provide a new way for Dream Dinners fans to order and enjoy their family meals,” said Jack Momeyer, Senior Director of Sales at DoorDash. “Dream Dinners has built an incredible product and we are proud to be their partner and help bring their vision to more customers nationwide.”
Local kitchen participation and menu choices may vary.
Dream Dinners meals are now available in 48 of the 50 U.S. states. Customers not served by a local kitchen or DoorDash may take advantage of Dream Dinners’ recently expanded online home delivery program.
SOURCE Dream Dinners, the Original Meal Kit Company™
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business