Robust Technology Platform Drives Today’s Successful Collision Repair Centers for CARSTAR Owner Jason Wong
October 07, 2021 // Franchising.com // CHARLOTTE, NC - In today’s world of “no-touch” customer service, remote learning, virtual estimating and centralized performance tracking, there is one consistent requirement - a robust technology platform. Without that strong foundation, it is challenging to meet the evolving demands of today’s - and tomorrow’s - collision repair industry.
While many independent collision repair facilities are grappling with how to upgrade their computers to handle today’s data needs, implement the bandwidth needed to deliver remote services, keep their team members up-to-date on training and provide the performance tracking required by many insurance carriers and OEMs, CARSTAR multi-store owner Jason Wong has developed the ideal platform combining resources from CARSTAR, vendor partners and their own network solutions.
“The partnership with CARSTAR has been the key to our business’ success,” said Wong, owner of CARSTAR Auto World Collision in San Francisco, and a second location coming soon in San Jose, CA. “Being part of the CARSTAR network has given us the technology platform, operational guidance and business support we needed to grow in a very competitive Northern California marketplace.”
CARSTAR provides collision repair facility owners the innovative technology network needed to succeed. From consulting support via CARSTAR’s operations team to proprietary data management tools to virtual customer service applications, CARSTAR keeps its franchise partners at the technological forefront of the industry.
“Technology is the foundation of our ability to repair vehicles, track performance and serve customers,” said Wong. “The CARSTAR dashboard is an incredible platform that integrates all of our systems and data in one place. We rely on it all day, every day to evaluate where we stand with each repair and each Direct Repair Program. It works with our CCC system, so it’s efficient and effective.”
Wong noted that, in a business where time is money, being able to closely track hours spent on each task, reimbursement rates and profitability is critical to the bottom-line performance. He works diligently with his local CARSTAR operations team members to review all of the numbers and listens to their advice on how they can make constant improvements.
The CARSTAR technology platform has also powered Wong’s ability to deliver no-contact, touchless service to their customers, essential to doing business under the past year’s California protocols.
“We have been able to create a truly virtual experience for our customers, from robust online scheduling and virtual estimating tools to easy drop-off and pick-up protocols and daily digital updates on their repair progress,” said Wong. “We’ve deployed our team with laptops and Cloud-based support so they can continue to deliver excellent customer service and manage our business, from wherever they are working.”
CARSTAR’s innovative technology platform features:
- Proprietary KPI Dashboards - CARSTAR works with its franchise partners to set up and manage data-tracking systems to accurately measure and report KPI performance on a real-time basis. It also compiles data across the CARSTAR network to identify trends, compare metrics and identify opportunities that help improve performance and profitability.
- Collision University - Keeping employees abreast of current repair processes and procedures is challenging in any environment, but especially today. With Collision University, team members can access hundreds of online training courses from CARSTAR collision repair experts as well as top manufacturers and service providers.
- Online Photo Estimating - In the “no-touch” environment, handling estimates requires new technology. CARSTAR’s online photo estimating tools allow estimators to guide customers through the process of documenting their vehicle damage and submitting for a free estimate.
- Digital Desk Review - Handling insurance repairs requires a focus on the details of each carrier program and the bottom line. CARSTAR’s digital desk review evaluates estimates for thousands of repairs each year for accuracy, compliance and unrecognized opportunities, helping franchise partners streamline the repair process and maximize their potential on each repair.
- Online Scheduling - When a customer is ready to repair their vehicle, the CARSTAR online scheduling system can confirm their appointment, arrange for vehicle pickup or “no contact” drop-off and coordinate with the appropriate insurance carrier.
“Bottom line, a collision repair facility with yesterday’s technology will be challenged to meet today’s standards - not to mention in the future,” Wong noted.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances