WOWorks Fast-Casual Restaurant Brands Show Growth in 2021 with New Store Openings, Signed Franchise Agreements and Co-Branded Growth Opportunities
Family of Restaurant Concepts Continues to Demonstrate Robust Demand for Fresh, Healthy Fast-Casual Dining
January 13, 2022 // Franchising.com // ST. PETERSBURG, FL. - WOWorks family of restaurant brands, Saladworks, Frutta Bowls, Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh and The Simple Greek, achieved strong growth and added 60 new restaurants in 2021. WOWorks also ended 2021 by signing a total of 28 new franchise agreements, representing 112 new locations, demonstrating the robust demand for fresh, flavorful and healthy fast-casual dining options.
Some notable WOWorks growth milestones and key accomplishments in the past year include:
- WOWorks restaurants as a whole have seen growth with its brands in non-traditional restaurant venues
- Among the 60 WOWorks restaurants that opened across the US and Canada, nearly 48 percent were non-traditional openings.
- WOWorks opened 15 new locations in Canada, 17 Ghost Kitchens locations, and 10 Combo Kitchen locations.
- 18 percent of non-traditional openings were in grocery retail stores, including the first franchisee-owned store-within-a-store Frutta Bowls restaurant in Doylestown, PA.
- With seven Saladworks and four Frutta Bowls, the company opened 11 store-within-a-store restaurants at grocery locations.
- Besides traditional stand-alone restaurant development, WOWorks opened six co-branded restaurant locations.
- WOWorks’ 2021 growth also included new Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh openings in the Salt Lake City Airport and Binghamton University.
- Pennsylvania had the most WOWorks restaurants open in 2021. With seven Saladworks, five Frutta Bowls and two Garbanzo Mediterranean Fresh, the state representing 23 percent of WOWorks overall 2021 growth.
- Saladworks had the most robust growth with nine franchise and seven corporate openings.
- On top of their 60-unit growth, WOWorks added the Simple Greek Brand in 2021, growing the company’s portfolio to four healthy halo restaurant brands.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business