Great Clips, Inc. Announces Executive Leadership Transitions
Appointments Span Operations & Legal Departments to Further Support Great Clips' Growth Strategy
June 21, 2022 // Franchising.com // MINNEAPOLIS - Great Clips, Inc. today announced a series of executive leadership transitions across the operations and legal areas.
Leadership changes include: Yvonne Mercer is promoted to Chief Operations Officer (COO), reporting to Rob Goggins (President); Sarah Yatchak becomes Vice President of Operations, reporting to Yvonne Mercer; and Danell Caron is elevated to Vice President of Legal/General Counsel, reporting to Steve Hockett (CEO).
"We are committed to building and delivering the most powerful and enduring hair salon brand, and these executive leadership transitions will help us achieve that goal," said Steve Hockett, CEO of Great Clips, Inc. "We are excited to recognize Yvonne, Sarah and Danell for their contributions to Great Clips and welcome their new perspectives and ideas that will help enhance and grow our brand for years to come."
These executive leadership appointments build off of positive momentum for the brand.
Yvonne Mercer Promoted to Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- Yvonne Mercer, a former cosmetologist, joined Great Clips, Inc. in 1994 as a Training and Service Representative. She eventually took on various Operations executive leadership roles including Regional Manager and Regional Director.
- In 2007, Mercer was promoted to Regional Vice President, Business Services, and in 2014 she was elevated to Vice President of Operations. During her tenure, Mercer has helped open and grow markets across the U.S. and Canada and has been a valuable member of the Great Clips, Inc. Senior Leadership Team.
Sarah Yatchak Named Vice President of Operations
- Sarah Yatchak joined Great Clips, Inc. in 2016 as the Senior Director of Legal & Franchise Administration, supporting and engaging with different areas of the business, including Operations. In March 2018, Yatchak was promoted to Associate General Counsel and in January 2020, she was promoted to VP of Legal & General Counsel. Yatchak brought extensive legal and business experience in the franchise industry when she joined Great Clips following positions at nationally ranked law firms and at Buffalo Wild Wings International, Inc.
Danell Caron Promoted to Vice President of Legal/General Counsel
- Danell Caron joined Great Clips, Inc. in March 2020, as the Director of Legal & Franchise Administration. She leads the franchise administration and compliance teams and is responsible for all franchise regulatory and compliance matters. Caron also supports various functional areas including real estate, operations, and recruiting. Prior to joining Great Clips, Caron worked for several nationally ranked law firms representing franchisees, as well as emerging and mature franchisors.
SOURCE Great Clips, Inc.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances