Thryv's Top Five Tips for Franchise Success
From your website to hours of operation, your customers know what to expect from you. But do your franchisees?
Thryv has identified five of the most common challenges emerging and established franchisors face. Not only are these challenges signs of growth, they’re also easily addressed. Here’s what you should know and how to respond:
1. Mixed results. Varying performance across locations can be a head scratcher. Why are some superstars and others struggling?
The issue may lie in a lack of information. It can be difficult to hit goals without knowing where you currently stand. Conversely, for you — it’s tough to set performance benchmarks when not everyone has provided reporting, timely or not.
The fix: Without benchmarks, franchisees don’t know what good looks like. To enlighten them, you need complete insights into how your franchises are performing. That way, you can deliver support and attention where (and when) it’s needed.
2. Inconsistent customer experiences. If ever there were a case for ‘sameness,’ it’s multi-unit franchising. An inconsistent customer experience at one franchise could damage your central brand and ripple through your entire organization.
The fix: When you consider that 65% of consumers say a positive brand experience is more influential than advertising, this is a roadblock to avoid. Make it easy by standardizing. For example, provide all your franchisees' templates they can use for messages, calendars, payments, and referral requests. That way you can ensure communications are consistent and on brand everywhere.
3. Varying degrees of tech savviness. It’s possible not all your owners have the same degree of digital know how or understand its importance. Given a recent survey by BrightLocal, 93% of consumers use the internet to find a local business, providing a quality online customer experience should be non-negotiable.
The fix: Equip your locations with the digital tools they need to meet customers where they are (online) and in the manner that will put your brand in the best light.
A simple starting point might be to provide easy-to-follow guidelines for correct social media image sizes. An all-in-one business software platform like Hub by Thryv can even automate CRM tasks like sending your client a thank you the moment they leave.
4. Hard to gauge customer pipeline. Newer franchisees may not understand how critical it is to maintain or even develop a pipeline.
The fix: Track which locations have a steady stream of new customers and those that don’t. Have franchisees submit pipeline reports via spreadsheet every two weeks and hold weekly update calls until leads grow. Even better? Access all your leads in one place. Hub by Thryv’s Lead Router attracts and routes new leads to the best location and once there, helps manage them.
5. Issues management. Keep difficult conversations to a minimum by being proactive.
The fix: Active communication plays a big role in maintaining healthy connections. To get back on track, highlight issues immediately and identify poor performance so you can offer support and mentoring where and when it’s needed.
Read more in our ebook about the Five Tips to Accelerate Franchise Success. Hub by Thrv makes it easy to grow your franchise — with software that grows with you.
Hub by Thryv is an end-to-end client experience platform custom-built for franchises. Its ready-to-use business apps help franchisees view their jobs, messages, appointments, payments, reviews, and more - in one place. Learn More
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories