MVP Award Winners Named By Multi-Unit Franchisee Magazine
An impressive list of candidates was ultimately narrowed down to only 10. Those selected for this year’s Multi-Unit Franchisee Magazine’s Most Valuable Performer (MVP) Awards will be presented with their awards during the Multi-Unit Franchising Conference April 26-29th at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas.
Each of this year’s winners demonstrated outstanding performance in growing both their organizations and their brands. They are the power operators, the innovators, and the creative thinkers. Franchisees must have at least five operating units and have been in a franchise system for a minimum of two years in order to be considered for the MVP Award.
Here are this year’s winners:
- The Multi-Brand Leadership award goes to Sunny Ghai, principal of Ghai Management Services (69 franchises), who has successfully achieved multi-brand expansion with Burger King, Taco Bell, Corner Bakery Café, and Blaze Fast-Fired Pizza brands.
- The Community Involvement Leadership award goes to Adam Saxton, principal of The Saxton Group (63 franchises), who has been considered a role model within the McAlister’s Deli brand, and has set an example for others to follow in franchise success.
- The Mega Growth Leadership award goes to Jeff Davis, principal of US Beef Corp. (over 330 franchises), who has proven himself to be a leader in expansion and growth with the Arby’s brand for 47 years.
- The Spirit of Franchising award goes to Dan Ponder, principal of GA-based Ponder Enterprises Inc. (36 restaurants), who has demonstrated extraordinary performance, achieved stellar growth, and provided valuable community aid while successfully representing the CKE/Hardee’s and Red Burrito brands.
- The Influencer Award for a Husband & Wife Team goes to Brooke and Les Wilson, principals of Two Men and A Truck (7 franchises), for demonstrating excellence in the franchising industry as a marital team for the Two Men and A Truck brand.
- For Single Brand Leadership, Ed Wolak, principal of The Wolak Group (93 Dunkin’ Donut franchises), has successfully provided guidance and support with a single brand for 40 years.
- The Veteran Entrepreneurship Award goes to Fred Howard, principal of F&M Rally’s (11 franchises), for outstanding performance and leadership by a veteran with the Rally’s brand.
- The American Dream Award goes to Ali and Arian Butt, principals of AR Group of Restaurants (25 franchises), for achieving remarkable success in the United States with the Popeyes brand.
- The Innovation Award goes to Mike Geiger, PA-based Big Plan Group (7 franchises), for bringing a new and unique perspective to the Moe’s Southwest Grill brand.
- Todd and Kelly Mulvahill, principals of Papa Murphy’s (17 franchises), are the recipients of The Noble Cause Award for passionate, unwavering support for those in need.
All winners will receive their prestigious awards at the 16th Annual Multi-Unit Franchising Conference later this month in Las Vegas, where over 1,500 attendees will honor their achievements.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units