Social Media Roundup: May 24, 2016
Facebook Messenger Makes It Easier for Customers To Connect
People and businesses send each other more than 1 billion messages each month on the Facebook Messenger app. Messenger has quickly become extremely popular, especially on mobile devices. It's easy for Messenger users to contact a business right within the app to ask questions, make customer service requests, and set up appointments. Facebook has added tools for page owners to manage communications, and soon they will be able to set and edit unique user names for their pages and make it easy to contact them right from the pages themselves. "All of these new functions are going to let customers find you faster and get in touch more quickly," says Mike Wolpert, writing on Social Jumpstart.
Making Friends with Instagram's New Algorithm
Instagram's new algorithm has changed the game for small-business marketers on the hot photo and video sharing platform. Knowing what matters to Instagram will help you keep your reach and follower base growing. The three main things to keep in mind are:
- Always post quality content. (You always do, right?)
- Find out who the influencers are in your niche and learn to work with them. Here's how to get started with that.
- Consider paid promotion. Experiment with a small advertising spend to learn the ropes. "We suggest analyzing which of your posts received the most engagement and experimenting with a small advertising spend," says Steve Hall, writing on the Votigo Social Promotions blog.
5 Tips for Snapchat Brand Marketers
With more than 100 million daily active users and 7 billion daily video views, Snapchat is a very successful service, particularly for Millennials. Here are five Snapchat tips from Everette Taylor, CEO of MilliSense, as reported by Ash Read on Buffer:
- Vary your content. Nobody wants to always see the same sort of thing in your stream. Originality will pay off handsomely - there's very little of it around.
- Watch your KPIs. The most important one is Views Per Snap. Keep track of them each day for your current posts. Track followers and screenshots, too.
- Ask users to take screenshots of your important messages and announcements so they can anticipate your next moves.
- Promote your Snapchat on your other social media accounts.
- Use your other social media outlets to create content that focuses on your Snapchat.
Pinterest iOS Rewrite Provides Faster Load Time, New Features
Pinterest released a new version of its mobile app for iOS in April. The company says the new app loads up to three times faster than the old one and includes a refreshed interface, better localization for different markets, right-sizing for the new variety of iOS screen sizes, and will be available in 31 languages. "Pinterest says that this update is a 'near complete rewrite' of the app, which means there's a variety of visual and under-the-hood enhancements," reports Chance Miller, writing on 9to5Mac. An updated version for Android phones is reportedly in the works.
Don't Do This Dept. -- Prince Tribute Tweets Draw Criticism, Not Brand Fans
Cheerios drew lots of negative reactions to its tweet in memory of Prince, the rock star who died suddenly on April 21. The image shows the words "Rest in Peace" on a plain purple background. Using a single Cheerio to dot the "i" drew criticism as self-serving and tasteless. The tweet was quickly taken down, but it lives on. Cheerios was not alone. Similar well-meaning tributes from 3M, Maker's Mark, and Pornhub also drew criticism, reports David Moye on The Huffington Post.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
A targeted, quarterly magazine that takes CEO's, VPs and Sales Executives to the cutting edge of franchise development.