Toys"R"Us, Inc. Launches Enhanced E-Commerce Site With New Functionality And Features Including "Wish List" For Kids, Gift Finder And More
Site Improvements Make Online Shopping More Convenient with Access to In-store Inventory Information, Tailored Gift Ideas that Take the Guesswork Out of Gift-Giving and New Tools to Build Baby Registries with Ease
October 28, 2008 // Franchising.com // Wayne, NJ - Toys"R"Us, Inc. today announced the launch of an enhanced version of its popular U.S. e-commerce site, www.Toysrus.com, with new features and functionality that will provide customers with an exceptional online shopping experience, just in time for the holiday shopping season. The updated site incorporates easy-to-use navigation, all-new applications, including Gift Finder, Online Wish List and Want It Today?, and upgrades to current online tools, such as the online Baby Registry at www.Babiesrus.com. These enhancements allow shoppers to peruse the best and broadest assortment of toys and baby products with even more convenience and eliminate the guesswork in selecting the right gifts for their loved ones.
"At Toys"R"Us, Inc., we know our customers look to us for our expertise in the toy and baby product categories, and an increasing number of people are using our online store not only to make purchases but to conduct research on products and services available in our stores," said Michael Scharff, Vice President, General Manager, e-commerce, Toys"R"Us, U.S. "By simplifying and enhancing the look of our e-commerce site and adding helpful tools, it's easier than ever for online customers to select and purchase the perfect gifts for their loved ones, quickly locate in-store availability of a desired product, and determine what items they need to prepare for the arrival of a new baby. These advancements provide a seamless online and in-store shopping experience for all of our customers."
New Tools To Help Find The Perfect Gift
As part of the relaunch, the site has been updated with three new applications that are displayed prominently throughout the navigation process. These tools are designed to help customers select the right gifts with ease or quickly locate a store in their area that has stock of the in-demand toy or baby product they are seeking.
- Gift Finder – Toys"R"Us shoppers have long relied on the company's knowledgeable store associates to help them with their toy-buying decisions, and now they can take advantage of that expertise in the comfort of their own homes. With the new Gift Finder application on www.Toysrus.com, online shoppers can filter gift options by answering a series of questions related to the age, interests and personality traits of the gift recipient. Whether kids are adventurous, creative, glamorous, outdoorsy, studious or sporty, shoppers will receive a tailored list of gift ideas specific to the child they have in mind. And, when shopping for babies ages 12 months and younger, the site allows customers to choose gifts based on building desired skills, such as coordination and motor, creative play or nurturing.
- The Gift Finder will continue to be enhanced and refined over the next month to provide customers with even more search options and criteria that will yield a more tailored list of gift suggestions.
- Toys"R"Us Online Wish List – With this new online gift registry for kids, wishes can be granted the easy way! Whether for holidays, birthdays or special occasions, the Toys"R"Us online Wish List lets parents and caregivers browse products with their kids to create and update a running list online of their most desired presents. Kids can generate as many Wish Lists as they'd like, tailoring them for specific occasions. To ensure they get the gifts they crave, kids can share their Wish Lists with family and friends via e-mail. Gift-givers can also print Wish Lists in-store at Guest Service stations.
- Want It Today? – Now it's easier than ever for Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us customers to find the in-demand product they're searching for. By accessing the "Want It Today?" feature, online shoppers have the ability to check in-store availability of toys and juvenile merchandise from the website by entering their zip code into the "Want It Today?" box. The online system can check for inventory of preferred products at the five stores closest to the customer. Currently, the "Want It Today?" feature is only available on select items in certain markets throughout the U.S. but will be expanded to other areas and items over time.
Updated, Refreshed Look And Navigation
In addition to the new features, the company's enhanced e-commerce site has a fresh look that incorporates the new Toys"R"Us and Babies"R"Us branding, as well as bolder color schemes and interactive graphics.
Various aspects of the website's navigation have also been updated, making the online shopping experience easier and more convenient. Visitors to the website will find a streamlined top navigation bar allowing them to search quickly for products by category, a child's age, a particular character or theme, or a specific brand or collection, such as the new, exclusive Amy Coe Collection featured on the Babies"R"Us section of the site (www.Babiesrus.com). Each option on the navigation bar has its own drop-down menu, so users can easily narrow their searches. Once online shoppers make a product choice, they are able to view a succinct product page with new easy-to-read tabs featuring product descriptions and features, customer reviews, and related items and accessories that complement their product choice, if applicable.
Additionally, on www.Babiesrus.com, shoppers who are planning décor for a newborn's room can choose items from featured collections simply by scrolling their mouse over catalog photos of fully decorated nurseries, eliminating the need to find each product separately on the site. The site also features interactive, clickable "Buying Guides" that provide product suggestions to help new parents make stress-free decisions.
Improvements To "R"Us Online Favorites
As customers become acquainted with the new website resources, they will be pleased to learn that existing online shopping tools have been updated as well:
- Baby Registry – This "best in class" online baby product application now features an updated "Quick Start Registry" to provide a list of basic essentials by product category, tailored to an expectant parent's personality enabling them to build their registry quickly and effortlessly. Parents will enjoy simpler site navigation, exclusive brand information, zoom views of products, registry "Must Haves," lists of best sellers and a "Checklist Tracker" to remind them about items they may have overlooked.
- Mom's Favorites – This is a community where moms can rate products and share valuable information with others. It also highlights top-selling, mom-approved toys and baby products. Now, "Mom's Favorites" has been placed in a more prominent position on the homepage and features improved navigation making it easy for shoppers to view favorites by category, comment on merchandise and review what other parents and caregivers are saying about individual products.
Other New Services
In addition, www.Babiesrus.com recently began offering e-Invite, a service that allows parents to order printed personalized announcements, invitations and cards to generate excitement for baby showers, birthday or holiday parties, spread the good news of the arrival of a baby and wish family and friends a happy holiday season. With thousands of exclusive designs, distinctive graphics and personal pictures to choose from and incorporate, parents can special order these adorable printed items and send them by mail to friends and family in celebration of special occasions and milestones in their child's life.
Additional information about these applications, as well as complete product information can be accessed on the company's e-commerce sites, www.Toysrus.com and www.Babiesrus.com.
About Toys"R"Us, Inc.
Toys"R"Us, Inc. is the world's leading dedicated toy and baby products retailer. Currently it sells merchandise through more than 1,500 stores, including 585 Toys"R"Us stores and 262 Babies"R"Us stores in the U.S., more than 690 international stores in 33 countries, which includes licensed and franchise stores, and through its Internet site at www.Toysrus.com.