Nelson Marchioli, Denny's CEO, Comments on Denny's Free Grand Slam(R) Giveaway
Spartanburg, S.C., (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Nelson Marchioli, Denny's (NASDAQ:DENN) CEO, comments on Denny's Free Grand Slam giveaway:
"We had an extraordinary day. We were hoping to reconnect with millions of Americans today...and we did. Customers showed us just how much they love Denny's Grand Slam. We have received the most heartwarming comments from our servers, our managers and above all our customers. This Free Slam Day has exceeded our expectations in every way."
Fast Facts on Denny's Free Grand Slam giveaway:
- Denny's served approximately 2 million Grand Slams across the U.S. An average of 130 Grand Slams were served per restaurant per hour over the eight hour event
- Denny's doesn't disclose specific cost information, but including the cost of the food, the Super Bowl spot and other production costs, total cost is roughly $5 million.
- There were approximately 40 million hits on Denny's website since the Super Bowl giveaway spot aired on Sunday night.
- All restaurants were at capacity during the giveaway. Average wait time for Grand Slams was approximately one hour
- Tables were turned approximately every twenty minutes
Denny's is one of America's largest full-service family restaurant chains, with more than 1,500 locations. For more than 50 years, Denny's has been serving up real breakfast 24/7. Home of the famous Grand Slam(R) breakfasts, Denny's provides a variety of flavorful food and beverage choices.