H&R Block At Home(TM) Helps Taxpayers Get It Right This Tax Season
Do-it-yourself products leverage more than 50 years' of tax expertise, offer simple tax preparation and maximize refunds
KANSAS CITY, Mo. /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- H&R Block (NYSE: HRB) has just introduced H&R Block At Home(TM) (formerly TaxCut(R)), a suite of straightforward and simple-to-use, do-it-yourself tax solutions. The transition to the H&R Block At Home name was made to reflect H&R Block's rich history of tax preparation and knowledge. As the No. 1 retail tax preparer, H&R Block understands tax laws and wants to ensure DIY taxpayers know they're receiving the benefit of more than 50 years of tax expertise and the ability to access tax professionals for additional assistance when they purchase an H&R Block At Home product. While H&R Block demonstrates expertise through its online and desktop software tax preparation offerings, it's also committed to using simplified language to ensure the tax code is easy to understand. "Not everyone speaks 'tax,' but H&R Block has been translating tax code to plain English for half a century," said Julie Markey, vice president and managing director of digital tax solutions. "Our At Home products deliver the H&R Block tax expertise in simple language so the customer understands the process. And if our DIY users have questions or want more specific information, a tax professional is just a phone call away."
Product Enhancements: A Polished Look in Plain English
H&R Block At Home do-it-yourself tax products feature an updated look and feel, a more personalized customer experience and a Smart Import(SM) service that allows for easy import of W-2 and 1099 data as well as prior year tax data from TaxCut(R) and TurboTax(R).
Knowing DIY taxpayers spend an average of one to three hours doing their taxes, H&R Block At Home was improved to minimize visual fatigue so users don't miss important information.
"We've removed visual clutter and updated the look and feel," Markey said. "DIYers tend to scan pages so we've made sure relevant information is self-evident. It's important that H&R Block At Home users are confident they are doing their taxes right and maximizing their refund."
H&R Block At Home uses plain English rather than tax jargon to walk customers through the tax preparation experience. Complex topics have been organized so taxpayers are guided through a logical Q&A while in-product guidance alerts taxpayers to new tax law changes and built-in expertise from The Tax Institute helps customers understand how these changes apply to their individual situations.
The H&R Block At Home lineup is based on tax complexity detailed in the product descriptions to take the guesswork out of finding a version that fits their individual needs. And, with a clear pricing structure and no surprise charges or hidden fees, H&R Block At Home provides one of the best values on do-it-yourself tax preparation.
A product overview follows:
- H&R Block At Home(TM) Free is the most basic tax solution and provides simple federal tax preparation online at no cost with the opportunity to upgrade if additional guidance is necessary. (Free does not support Schedules C, D, E, F or K1.)
- H&R Block At Home(TM) Basic is for simple tax situations and includes everything taxpayers need to complete their federal taxes. It's simple for first-time DIY users, easier than ever to enter information and double checks for errors automatically.
- H&R Block At Home(TM) Deluxe is for taxpayers who own a home or have investments and includes everything taxpayers need to complete their federal and state taxes. In addition to the Basic features, Deluxe offers personalized tax guidance, advanced tools to maximize mortgage interest deductions and assistance on investment income and stock options.
- H&R Block At Home(TM) Premium is for those who are self-employed or own rental property and includes everything taxpayers need to complete their federal and state taxes. In addition to the Deluxe features, Premium includes Schedule C guidance, help with rental income deductions, advanced tax calculators and one free session with an H&R Block tax professional.
- H&R Block At Home(TM) Premium & Business is one convenient solution for those who need to file personal taxes and also own their own businesses.
About H&R Block
H&R Block Inc. (NYSE: HRB) is the world's preeminent tax services provider, having prepared more than 500 million tax returns since 1955. In fiscal 2009, H&R Block had annual revenues of $4.1 billion and prepared more than 24 million tax returns worldwide, utilizing more than 120,000 highly trained tax professionals. The Company provides tax return preparation services in person, through H&R Block At Home(TM) online and desktopsoftware products, and through other channels. The Company is also one of the leading providers of business services through RSM McGladrey.
SOURCE H&R Block