California Pizza Kitchen Creates Big Flavors in Small Cravings
New Small Plates Added to Menu
LOS ANGELES, Feb 04, 2010 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. (CPK) (NASDAQ:CPKI), home of the original BBQ Chicken Pizza and other innovative hearth-baked pizzas, made-to-order pastas, creative salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches and desserts, announced today their new Small Cravings menu. Small Cravings deliver the big innovative flavors CPK is known for, but in smaller portions, inviting guests to explore the many tastes the restaurant offers. Whether guests choose to combine a Small Craving with their CPK favorite or have a few as a meal, Small Cravings has a little something for everyone. CPK's Small Cravings range in price from $4-$7 and include:
- Asparagus & Arugula Salad - Fresh arugula, asparagus and sun-dried tomatoes tossed in a homemade lemon-herb vinaigrette, topped with toasted almonds and shaved Parmesan cheese.
- Buffalo Chicken - Crispy white meat chicken lightly fried and tossed in a spicy Buffalo sauce. Served with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing.
- Sweet Corn Tamale Ravioli - Ravioli filled with poblano peppers and cheese, tossed in a roasted pepper cream sauce with fresh sweet corn and fresh cilantro.
- Crispy Artichoke Hearts - Artichoke hearts lightly fried with Japanese panko bread crumbs, then sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. Served with a homemade remoulade sauce.
- Mediterranean Plate - Tuscan white bean hummus, Feta cheese topped with extra virgin olive oil and a Greek Salad with cucumbers, red onions, fresh Roma tomatoes and Greek olives in a homemade lemon-herb vinaigrette. Served with traditional pizza-pita bread.
- The Wedge Salad - Crisp iceberg lettuce topped with blue cheese dressing, applewood smoked bacon, chopped egg and fresh diced Roma tomatoes.
- White Corn Guacamole & Chips - Fresh avocado, sweet white corn, black beans, jicama, green onions, red bell pepper, cilantro and Serrano peppers served with blue & white corn tortilla chips.
To complement the Small Cravings, CPK is also offering Wine Cravings. The new Wine Cravings menu features wines from the recently launched wine list and will be poured as half glasses, most for under $5. The wine list is comprised of high quality distinctive wines hand-picked by Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax, co-founders and co-CEOs of California Pizza Kitchen.
"With the new Small Cravings menu we are offering the innovative and bold flavors we are known for, but in smaller portions," said Rick Rosenfield and Larry Flax. "We are encouraging guests to explore the many tastes of CPK, one small plate at a time."
CPK's new Small Cravings are available to guests who dine-in, order online at cpk.com, place a take-out order or use CPK's Curbside Service.
California Pizza Kitchen, Inc., founded in 1985, is a leading casual dining chain featuring an imaginative line of hearth-baked pizzas, including the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza, and a broad selection of distinctive pastas, salads, appetizers, soups, sandwiches and desserts. Of the chain's 251 restaurants, 204 are company-owned and 47 operate under franchise or license agreements. CPK premium pizzas are also available to sports and entertainment fans at two Southern California venues, Angel Stadium of Anaheim and STAPLES Center. Also included in the company's portfolio of concepts is LA Food Show Grill & Bar, which has locations in Manhattan Beach and Beverly Hills, California. The company also has a licensing arrangement with Kraft Pizza Company, which manufactures and distributes a line of California Pizza Kitchen premium frozen products. California Pizza Kitchen was recently named "One of America's Best 200 Small Companies" by Forbes Magazine, #1 Most Recommended Casual Dining Chain Restaurant by Zocalo Group and MARC Research and "Best Kids Menu in America" by Restaurant Hospitality Magazine.
SOURCE: California Pizza Kitchen, Inc