Nelson Marchioli, Denny's CEO, Comments on Denny's Free Grand Slam Giveaway
SPARTANBURG, S.C. (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Nelson Marchioli, Denny's (NASDAQ:DENN) CEO, Comments on Denny's Free Grand Slam Giveaway:
"Once again our Free Grand Slam giveaway was a great day for Americans and a great day for Denny's. We welcomed millions of Americans into our restaurants and served them our signature Grand Slam breakfast. We received an outpouring of the most genuine and heartwarming comments from our guests, servers and managers. We hope to continue to connect with our guests with real affordable offers all year long so they can fall in love with Denny's again."
Fast Facts on Denny's Free Grand Slam giveaway:
- Denny's served approximately 2 million Grand Slams across the U.S. Some restaurants served more than 200 breakfasts an hour, however, this increase from last year was offset by bad weather across the country.
- There were approximately 49 million hits on Denny's website since the Super Bowl giveaway was announced; almost 24 million hits since Sunday's Super Bowl commercials.
- Average wait time for Grand Slams was approximately fifteen to thirty minutes.
- Tables were turned approximately every fifteen minutes.
- Denny's was a top ten trending topic on Twitter for Grand Slam Day and during the fourth quarter of the Super Bowl.
- Close to 300,000 have already registered for the new Denny's Rewards program. The first 500,000 people who sign up will receive a Free Burger and Fries.
Denny's is one of America's largest full-service family restaurant chains, with more than 1,500 locations. For more than 50 years, Denny's has been serving up real breakfast 24/7. Home of the famous Grand Slam(R) breakfasts, Denny's provides a variety of flavorful food and beverage choices.