Jackson Hewitt(R) Offers 25% Savings on Company's New Online Tax Preparation Service
Filers Using Jackson Hewitt Online Will Enjoy Savings Now Through April 15 Filing Deadline
PARSIPPANY, N.J. // PRNewswire-FirstCall // -- Jackson Hewitt Tax Service® announces a 25% discount* off the cost of its new online tax preparation product, Jackson Hewitt® Online. The discount offer begins today and runs through April 15, 2010. The 25% discount applies to Federal returns prepared using the Deluxe and Premium packages and State returns for all packages on Jackson Hewitt Online. The Basic Federal return is always free of charge. This online product, launched at the start of the 2010 tax season, is available via www.jacksonhewittonline.com and a link on the Company's website, as well as through http://walmart.jacksonhewitt.com/jackson-hewitt-online, as part of Jackson Hewitt's exclusive partnership with Wal-Mart.
Jackson Hewitt Online supports online filers and the e-filing (IRS e-file) of tax returns. As noted in a recent IRS report, in 2009 over 31 million tax returns were filed using a home computer, an increase of 19% over the previous year.**
The Jackson Hewitt Online product is designed to walk the online tax filer step-by-step through preparing and filing a tax return, helping them to explore areas of their lives that may trigger tax benefits – such as their occupation or common life events such as a marriage or home purchase. Through the online product, clients can uncover the credits and deductions that apply to their tax situations – which may lead to greater tax savings or a larger tax refund. For first-time filers, this lifestyle focused, step-by-step process can be especially helpful as they may be unsure of often overlooked credits and deductions they may qualify to receive.
"While our more than 6,000 Jackson Hewitt locations have been busy meeting with clients and electronically filing (IRS e-file) most of those returns, we know that there is a growing segment of taxpayers who choose to prepare their own tax return at home," said Debra Dowd, vice president of marketing, Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. "In our recent research studies, we have seen very favorable responses from consumers who have used Jackson Hewitt Online so far this year. We are pleased with this response as it confirms that our product is a good value and is meeting customer needs. This discount offer will now provide even greater value as we seek to encourage more online filers to explore the many benefits of Jackson Hewitt Online and choose this path for filing a tax return this year."
Pricing for Jackson Hewitt Online is based on the complexity of an individual's return and the level of customer support provided. All packages include free electronic filing (IRS e-file). Package rates under this new promotion are:
- Free Federal return
- $21.50 or a State return (originally $28.95)
- For tax filers with relatively simple tax returns or who file 1040EZ forms, such as those with no deductions or credits to be claimed and no dependents
- Includes unlimited email support for general inquiries
- $21.50 for a Federal return (originally $28.95)
- $21.50 for a State return (originally $28.95)
- For tax filers with more detailed returns, such as those who itemize deductions and credits (including those for mortgage interest, property taxes, child and dependent care expenses, retirement account income, stock and bond sale gains and losses, investment or property inheritance, non-cash charitable contributions and more)
- Includes unlimited live online chat support and unlimited email access for general inquiries
- $35.00 for a Federal return (originally $46.95)
- $21.50 for a State return (originally $28.95)
- For tax filers who are claiming dependents and whose filing status requires or qualifies as a small business owner, sole proprietor or single-member LLC, freelancers, self-employed, 1099 contractors, partnerships or multi-member LLCs, or S or C corporation
- Also beneficial for those claiming expenses for business use of the home, profit or loss from business, sale of business property or housing credits, including first-time homebuyers
- Includes Audit Assistance from an Enrolled Agent (in the event of an audit)
- Includes unlimited email and live online chat support and unlimited phone support from a Jackson Hewitt client care associate
- All Promotional Packages Include:
- Life Events and Job Specific wizards to help customers identify deductions and credits that are specific to them
- An audit support site that provides helpful information in the event you are audited
- An audit check to help assess your audit risk
- Error checks
- Free e-File
Jackson Hewitt Online also provides helpful support tools – including a detailed Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section that gathers and organizes useful answers to dozens of common tax questions. Depending on the level of package selected, customers can receive further help by phone, email and through a "Live Chat" option that connects tax filers directly to a Jackson Hewitt Online Client Care Associate.
For more information or to begin using Jackson Hewitt Online, please visit www.jacksonhewittonline.com. The online product and additional consumer tax tips can be found by accessing the Company's Web site at www.jacksonhewitt.com.
* Discount applies to Federal returns for Deluxe and Premium packages and on State returns for all packages. Does not apply to financial products or other services.
About Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.
Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc. (NYSE: JTX), with more than 6,000 franchised and company-owned offices throughout the United States, is an industry leader providing full service individual federal and state income tax return preparation. Most offices are independently owned and operated. Jackson Hewitt is based in Parsippany, New Jersey.
SOURCE Jackson Hewitt Tax Service Inc.