Become An Arby's(R) Franchise Junior!
New Web App Morphs Your Photo Into "Arby's Junior" Character
July 20, 2010 // Franchising.com // ATLANTA – Arby's is bringing its lovable icon, Arby's Junior, into the digital age. To promote its new Jr. Deluxe Value Menu sandwich, Arby's is launching a web application that allows consumers not only to interact with the cute little tyke and have him send preset or customized audio/video messages, but also to morph themselves or friends into their own version of Arby's Junior, 10-gallon hat and all.
The Juniorize app is available on Arby's website and Facebook page. Here's how it works:
- Access the Arby's Juniorize application free at facebook.com/arbys or at www.arbys.com/juniorizeme.
- Click on the application and upload a photo from your desktop, Facebook account using Facebook Connect), Arby's-provided photos or via a Google image search.
- Once the photo is uploaded, the Juniorize app uses a morphing technology to transform the uploaded photo into a personalized version of Arby's Junior. The 3-D morphed character follows the computer cursor with its eyes.
- Users can customize the creation by adding an audio message (via PC microphone, text-to-speech, or Arbys-provided audio) – which the morphed character lip-synchs – and selecting from the different available backgrounds.
The personalized Arby's Junior creations can be shared with one click via: email, across social networks (Facebook and Twitter), embedded on personal blogs and sites, or by copying and pasting the URL.
Arby's Juniorize is a social media application that was created by Initiative's Innovations group and is powered by New York-based Oddcast, the participation technology agency.
The latest addition to Arby's Value Menu, the Jr. Deluxe features oven-roasted, thinly sliced roast beef, topped with crisp, fresh lettuce, ripe tomato and mayo on a toasted sesame seed bun. The Value Menu, which launched in April, features Arby's signature items starting at $1.
To get the Arby's Juniorize app, visit www.arbys.com/juniorizeme or http://www.facebook.com/arbys. Don't forget to follow @Arbys on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Arbys.
About Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Known in the fast food industry for creating unique, premium sandwiches, Arby's has been in the roast beef business since 1964 when the Raffel Brothers first opened an Arby's restaurant under a glowing neon cowboy hat in Boardman, Ohio. Today, headquartered in Atlanta, Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is the second largest quickservice sandwich chain in the U.S. with nearly 3,700 restaurants system wide. In addition to its classic, slow-roasted, freshly sliced roast beef and Beef 'n Cheddar sandwiches, Arby's one-of-a-kind menu also includes a deli-style Market Fresh® line of sandwiches, toasted subs and salads, Curly Fries, Jamocha shakes and the 2010 introduction of a national Value Menu, starting at only $1. Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. (NYSE: WEN).
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances