Arby's(R) Launches New Advertising Campaign: Arby's. It's Good Mood Food.(TM)
Arby's Adding Premium Angus Beef Sandwich Also Features Swiss, Cheddar, Parmesan and Pepper Bacon
ATLANTA, Feb 28, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. announced today the launch of a new integrated marketing and advertising campaign - Arby's. It's Good Mood Food.
Created with BBDO-NY, the campaign launched February 27 and brings to life the brand's positioning - "Exciting tastes you can feel good about ... every day." The campaign highlights Arby's good, wholesome, tasty food that puts people in a good mood and is the latest step in Arby's strategy to grow sales and profits. Arby's produced a 2.9 percent increase in company-operated same-store sales in the fourth quarter of 2010.
Additional campaign elements include:
- Satirical national television ads, featuring a character named R.B., who helps seemingly opposite couples - a snowboarder and a skier, a dog owner and a cat owner and a cowboy and a city slicker - find common ground over Arby's food. R.B. is a nod to the Raffel Brothers, who founded Arby's in 1964.
- The Angus Three Cheese & Bacon Sandwich, which is Arby's first premium Angus beef offering. The sandwich pairs oven-roasted, thinly sliced Angus beef with Swiss and Cheddar Cheeses, Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch sauce and Pepper Bacon served on a toasted Italian-style roll.
- Arby's Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/arbys, will be transformed to reflect the campaign and spread the good mood. When Facebook users click on the "Like" icon on the Arby's page, from February 28 through March 4, they will receive a $1 off coupon to try Arby's new Angus Three Cheese & Bacon Sandwich for themselves.
- Arby's will also introduce a new foodie blog, www.blog.arbys.com, in March penned by Vice President of Product Development, Brian Kolodziej. Kolodziej, a professional chef who has worked at fine dining and casual restaurants, will share a behind-the-scenes look in the kitchen at Arby's, food trends and more.
National television spots and billboards will air on programs including: American Idol, Raising Hope, The Bachelor, Desperate Housewives, Fringe, Grey's Anatomy, The Office, 30 Rock, and a live in-show commercial during Jimmy Kimmel Live!
"This campaign is focused on our target audience, Balance Seekers, who want and need to eat fast food because of their busy lifestyles, but do not want to feel guilty about eating it. They're telling us that Arby's has something over other fast food restaurants... a balance of higher quality, more wholesome food that they can feel good about eating," said Steve Davis, chief marketing officer, Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. "We like to think that stopping by Arby's makes their day a little brighter. With this campaign, we're recommitting our team to inspire good moods each and every day."
To prepare for the campaign, and because a good mood emanates from within, Arby's is hosting pep rallies and training sessions for restaurant teams throughout the United States. Arby's will also bring the campaign to life in its restaurants through signage, menu boards, packaging and more.
Last year, Arby's introduced an everyday value menu featuring many of Arby's signature menu items, as well as seasonal favorites, for as little as one dollar.
For more information about Arby's, please visit www.arbys.com, http://www.facebook.com/arbys or http://twitter.com/Arbys.
About Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Known in the fast food industry for creating unique, premium sandwiches, Arby's has been in the roast beef business since 1964 when the Raffel Brothers first opened an Arby's(R) restaurant under a glowing neon cowboy hat in Boardman, Ohio. Today, headquartered in Atlanta, Arby's Restaurant Group is the second largest quick-service sandwich chain in the U.S. with more than 3,600 restaurants system wide. In addition to its classic, slow-roasted, freshly sliced roast beef and Beef 'n Cheddar sandwiches, Arby's one-of-a-kind menu also includes a deli-style Market Fresh(R) line of sandwiches, toasted subs and salads, Curly Fries, Jamocha shakes and the 2010 introduction of a national Value Menu, starting at $1. Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc. is a subsidiary of Wendy's/Arby's Group, Inc. (NYSE: WEN). To learn more about Arby's, please visit www.arbys.com.
SOURCE: Arby's Restaurant Group, Inc.
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances