EagleRider Lists Their Top Motorcycle Friendly Food Spots in US
Best Restaurants that Cater to Tourists on Two-Wheels
December 05, 2011 // Franchising.com // Hawthorne, CA - EagleRider, the world’s largest motorcycle rental and tour company, knows that after a long day on the road bikers build up quite an appetite and look for a motorcycle friendly establishment to fill up. Our tour guides and customers have burned a lot the pavement of this great country and have some recommendations for some of their favorite restaurants for tourists on two wheels.
In 1992, EagleRider pioneered the Harley-Davidson® motorcycle rental concept and the guided motorcycle tour business. Today, the franchise offers a complete line of vehicles making virtually any traveler’s idyllic itinerary possible.
Here is a list of stops that won’t leave you hungry and might even become your new favorite oasis and depot.
- The Iron Horse Hotel, Milwaukee, WI - Located on the west side of The Iron Horse Hotel is The Yard. Carved into the hillside with native landscaping and stone outcroppings, The Yard is an outdoor lounge and bar. Located just steps from the Harley-Davidson Museum, The Iron Horse hotel is the country’s only boutique hotel geared toward motorcycle enthusiasts. The Yard is the perfect place to enjoy a cocktail and legitimately watch the world go by.
- The Shed , Maryville, TN- The Shed is an outdoor, covered pavilion. Stinkers BBQ is a full-service restaurant at The Shed and serves lunch & dinner 7 days a week. Riders always receive a $5 discount for riding up to the show. So pull on up for some tasty BBQ and good music.
- Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs, Denver, CO – Jim is a biker and understands the culture. Not only does he boast a gourmet hot dog restaurant with exotic meats such as reindeer, wild boar brats, rattlesnake, pheasant, elk, antelope, yak and buffalo—all of them torpedoed with Coca-Cola soaked grilled onions and a swizzle of cream cheese unloaded from the front end of a caulking gun. He also has a hot dog stand in case you are in a hurry and need a dog on the run.
- Old Schoolhouse Brewery, Winthrop, WA - Winthrop is a throwback western town at the foot of the North Cascades and is popular for weekend riders who are doing the famous North Cascades Loop. A refurbished schoolhouse that sits on the banks of the Methow River where diners enjoy local live music, warm sunshine and great food on a tiered patio. They also have great burgers, sandwiches and sweet potato fries with in-house brews.
- Cold Springs Tavern outside of Santa Barbara, CA - This place has been serving food since 1865 and was once an actual stagecoach stop for people crossing the San Marcos Pass. Passengers boarded stagecoaches that were very uncomfortable and they endured dangerous roads and the inevitable highwayman to make the trip over the pass. It was a time in our history that was both hazardous and romantic. The danger has long since passed but the romanticism has been carefully preserved and can still be found at the Tavern.
- Hell’s Kitchen, Orange County, CA - A very popular biker bar with hundreds of bikes on weekends. Another spot with tasty burgers with a real coffin used as the condiment bar. The restaurant is owned and run by a Willow Springs racer whose vision of Hell’s Kitchen is to create a melting pot of people who share the same love of motorsports.
- Sweetwater BBQ, St. Robert, MO - True to their claim to be Mid-Missouri’s best BBQ all of our Route 66 tours stop at Sweetwater for a long, lazy lunch. This place is Biker friendly and a Route 66 must stop and eat.
- Wild Hogs Roadhouse , Miamisburg, OH - David Morgan loves his Harley-Davidson motorcycles. But after 40 years of riding in the Dayton area, the local business owner decided he needed to open a bar and restaurant that caters to the Harley crowd, as well as the regular bar and grill diner. The result is Ohio’s largest biker bar and restaurant that offers chicken, pizza, burgers, and wings and hosts F(ride)day bike nights.
- The Rock Store, Cornell, CA - A landmark institution for the avid motorcyclist community. Ed and Vern have built a reputation for the Rock Store as one of the top motorcycle tourist destinations, and a hang-out for the "who's who" of the motorcycling world. The Rock Store is the most famous motorcycle stop in Southern California, if not the world, and has been featured in many commercials, films, music videos, television productions and magazine photos and it's the perfect place to come by bike for breakfast or lunch and a drink on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays.
- Mountain House Restaurant, McConnellsburg, PA - Not only does the Mountain House have a nice view and good food, come spring, on any given weekend, you can find 200-300 motorcycles parked there. A great spot for talking bikes and breaking bread with fellow bike enthusiasts.
“There is a vibe at these locations that reflect the passion and energy that all bikers share,” said Shawn Fechter, Director of Tours for EagleRider. “You will take away with you a love for camaraderie, good food, good people and lasting memories after visiting them.” EagleRider offers a huge selection of perfectly maintained Harley, Honda and BMW motorcycles and allow one-way rentals, self drive, and guided tours between franchise rental facilities located in the most desirable tourist destinations in the world. For more information, please visit www.eaglerider.com.
EagleRider is the world's largest motorcycle rental and tour company specializing in Harley-Davidson® rentals, ATV rentals, Dirt Bike rentals and Watercraft rentals. The franchise offers bike enthusiasts the opportunity to rent the American Dream and experience the ultimate motorcycle touring adventure from worldwide locations. Whether for a weekend escape or for a cross country motorcycle tour, EagleRider provides the means to release the pent up outlaw that yearns for the open road. The franchise boasts 110 locations around the world in 12 countries with plans to add 50 more locations in 2010. For more information, visit www.eaglerider.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances