Baskin-Robbins Reveals What Your Favorite Type of Chocolate Says About You and Debuts Sweet Line-Up for Valentine's Day
Baskin-Robbins Unveils New Valentine's Day-Themed Flavor of the Month, Love Potion #31 Dark, and Celebrates Return of Conversation Heart Cakes
February 04, 2014 // Franchising.com // CANTON, Mass. – Love is in the air at Baskin-Robbins! The world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops today announced its lineup of Valentine's Day-themed treats, including the new February Flavor of the Month, Love Potion #31® Dark, and its Conversation Heart Cakes, now available in two sizes. The new Love Potion #31 Dark flavor features a combination of delicious chocolate and raspberry flavored ice creams mixed with raspberry-filled white chocolate hearts and a raspberry-flavored ribbon throughout to create the perfect match for Baskin-Robbins' classic Love Potion #31® flavor, which is also available at participating locations this season.
To celebrate the three most popular types of chocolate this Valentine's Day, Baskin-Robbins has partnered with Juliet A. Boghossian, a behavioral food expert and founder of Food-ology®, an original methodology that links food related habits to personality traits and behavioral tendencies, to identify what a chocolate lover's favorite type of chocolate says about them and their relationships.
Some of the most surprising flavor findings from the study include:
If your favorite is Milk Chocolate:
- Personality – You're a devoted traditionalist, friendly, approachable and responsible. You crave balance, peace and consistency.
- Ideal Date – You tend to welcome traditional courtship most. Dinner and a movie is a perfect date night for you and a local restaurant that knows you by first name puts you in your ultimate comfort zone.
- Best Match – Opposites attract! Your best matches are white or dark chocolate lovers. Someone who prefers white chocolate will encourage you to enjoy life more and not take things too seriously. Whereas, a partner who loves dark chocolate will help you take more calculated risks and be bold.
If your favorite is White Chocolate:
- Personality – You're a playful free spirit and tend to be the life of the party. You're flirtatious, impulsive, generous, kind and nonjudgmental.
- Ideal Date – Your ideal date includes a playful and challenging activity such as miniature golf, parasailing, snowboarding or even swings at the park. You set aside the heaviness of daily responsibilities and like to live in the moment.
- Best Match – You're adaptive and a complement to all three chocolate types; however, your best match is someone who prefers milk chocolate as they will ground or balance you best.
If your favorite is Dark Chocolate:
- Personality – You are the determined maverick. You play hard to get and are passionate, generous, selective and mysterious. You are known for speaking your mind, for your no nonsense honesty and ability to process information quickly and for taking calculated risks.
- Ideal Date – You crave equal partners who can sustain a high energy pace. Your perfect date makes you feel special, unique and inventive – whether it is an adventurous outing like a safari, an exclusive experience such as dining at a five-star restaurant, or a cultural activity to inspire the mind like the theater or concert.
- Best Match – You know yourself best. You thrive with partners that mirror your personality and ambition, so stick with dark chocolates to find your perfect match.
"People are always surprised to hear what their favorite food choices can say about their personality traits," said Juliet A. Boghossian, Founder of Food-ology. "A person's favorite flavor of chocolate says a lot about their romantic side, and this study is a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day and share interesting findings to help people understand themselves and who they are most compatible with based on their chocolate of choice. "
In addition, Baskin-Robbins is bringing back its popular Conversation Heart Cakes as the perfect way to celebrate the holiday with that special someone. Baskin-Robbins' Conversation Heart Cakes are adorned with rainbow sprinkles and feature one of three Valentine's Day messages: "Love You," "Kiss Me," or "Be Mine." Alternatively, guests can include a personalized message for their loved one this Valentine's Day. To show that it's truly what's on the inside that counts, the cakes can also be customized with that special someone's favorite ice cream and cake flavor. These colorful Valentine's Day cakes are now available in two sizes. The small Conversation Heart Cake is perfect for two sweethearts, and the new Large Conversation Heart Cake is a sweet gift to share and serves 10-12 people.
"We are excited to offer even more options in our sweet line-up of frozen treats that our guests can enjoy with their loves ones this Valentine's Day," said Stan Frankenthaler, Executive Chef and Vice President of Product Innovation for Dunkin' Brands. "Our new Love Potion #31 Dark ice cream and Conversation Heart Cakes make sweet treats to share with that special someone or with friends and family during this season of love."
Baskin-Robbins' Love Potion #31 Dark and Love Potion #31 flavors can also be paired together as a mixed milkshake, a two-scoop sundae or in a freshly-baked waffle cone. In addition, the flavors are available to take home in fresh-packed pints and quarts.*
For more information about Baskin-Robbins' wide variety of ice cream flavors and frozen desserts, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com or follow us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/BaskinRobbins), Twitter (www.twitter.com/BaskinRobbins) or Pinterest (www.pinterest.com/baskinrobbins31).
*In California, Baskin-Robbins offers fresh-packed ice cream in two sizes: small (12 oz) and regular (1 lb., 8 oz).
Findings based on empirical and quantitative data. Empirical research performed by behavioral food expert and Founder of Food-ology, You are HOW you Eat®, Juliet A. Boghossian, between 2002 and 2013, 200+ adult subjects, (50/50 male/female) residing in the United States. Portions of quantitative data based on two online surveys among 500 to 1,000 U.S. adults 18+ (50/50 male/female), performed in 2010 and 2013. Surveys conducted using the field services of Critical Mix. The margin of error at the 95% level of confidence is ±3.1%.
Named the top ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in the United States by Entrepreneur magazine's 31st annual Franchise 500® ranking, Baskin-Robbins is the world's largest chain of ice cream specialty shops. Baskin-Robbins creates and markets innovative, premium hard scoop ice cream and soft serve, custom ice cream cakes and a full range of beverages, providing quality and value to consumers at more than 7,250 retail shops in nearly 50 countries. Baskin-Robbins was founded in 1945 by two ice cream enthusiasts whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats. In 2012, more than 13 million ice cream cakes were sold in Baskin-Robbins shops worldwide. Headquartered in Canton, Mass., Baskin-Robbins is part of the Dunkin' Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For further information, visit www.BaskinRobbins.com.
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business