Valentines Who Sweat Together, Stay Together
Retro Fitness, a Leading Low-Cost, High-Value Fitness Chain, Offers Insight on the Importance of Getting Your Heart Pumping With Your Sweetie
COLTS NECK, N.J. - Feb. 11, 2014 // GLOBE NEWSWIRE // - With Valentine's Day just around the corner, most couples are likely planning a romantic dinner completed with a heart-shaped box of chocolates for dessert. In fact, last year, Americans spent around 1.6 billion dollars on candy alone, according to the National Retail Federation.
Contrary to popular belief, a chocolate coma is not the best way to deepen a relationship. Retro Fitness--one of the nation's leading low-cost, high-value fitness chains--encourages members to make health and fitness a priority in their relationship.
"There is something really romantic about a loved one supporting you during a workout and challenging you to achieve your health and wellness goals," said A.J. Olmstead, Moorestown, NJ Retro Fitness franchisee. "I met the love of my life a few years ago at my gym, and we continue to strengthen our bond by working out together several times a week."
Olmstead outlined a few more reasons why working out together can increase your overall relationship happiness:
- Getting out of the house: Whether it be spent cleaning, preparing food, watching TV or any other mundane household activity, most couples spend their "together time" at home. However, going to the gym with your sweetie makes you feel less like a roommate and more like a partner.
- Encourage each other: I love doing pull-ups with my fiance because it requires a lot of encouragement to reach the next level. This exercise helps you feel connected with your partner because you are both physically and emotionally spotting them.
- Keeping each other accountable: Life is hectic and it can be almost impossible to fit everything into the day. When you feel like skipping the gym, having a partner who holds you accountable will push you to stay on track. Make it a contest -- that's the easiest way to keep both individuals engaged.
- Build confidence: All relationships take a lot of work. We try to improve ourselves on a daily basis in many different ways, but physical improvement is key to maintaining a long-lasting relationship. This builds self-confidence as both parties work together to improve their overall health and well-being.
- Increase happiness together: According to the Mayo Clinic, physical activity can increase your "feel good" neurotransmitters called endorphins. With all the stressors in life, not only will working out make you happier, when you exercise with a loved one it will strengthen your overall bond.
About Retro Fitness
Founded in 2004 by entrepreneur Eric Casaburi, Retro Fitness has evolved from a regional Northeast gym concept into a national fitness system with more than 105 gyms open in 13 states. Under Casaburi's leadership, Retro Fitness is expanding its footprint with more than 100 gyms in its development pipeline and plans to open 300 gyms in the next three years in new, major markets, such as Florida, Illinois, California, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.. Each Retro Fitness location is equipped with a full-service fitness center, including 60-100 pieces of equipment supplied by leading manufacturers. The burgeoning franchise has placed in the top 300 of Entrepreneur's magazine's prestigious Franchise 500 list for four consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.retrofitness.com, and to learn more about franchise opportunities visit www.retrofranchising.com.
SOURCE Retro Fitness
Fishman Public Relations