Del Taco Introduces Platos: A Fresh New Dinner Option From A Drive-Thru
Get Dinner Fast, Enjoy it Slow with Del Taco’s New Plated Mexican Meals
November 07, 2016 // Franchising.com // Lake Forest, California – Del Taco Restaurants, Inc. (NASDAQ: TACO) is proud to announce the chain-wide launch of Platos, its new premium menu offering of individually-plated meals designed to satisfy guests’ Mexican Night cravings. Complete with an entrée, two sides, and chips and salsa, the quality and presentation of Platos is on par with that of a sit-down restaurant and served at the everyday value and convenience Del Taco is known for. With a place on the menu alongside the brand’s Mexican and American favorites, Del Taco introduced Platos to provide guests with a high quality complete meal option that’s not only quick and affordable, but also deliciously filling and available at any time of day.
“We are excited about Platos because it adds an additional layer of variety and convenience for our guests who are looking to get their ‘Mexican Night’ fix without having to spend too much time or money on a quality meal,” said John Cappasola, executive vice president and chief brand officer of Del Taco. “A fast and delicious dinner-worthy experience that’s meant to be savored with a fork and knife, Platos is a more elevated meal compared to what today’s consumers have come to expect from a drive-thru. Whether picking up a family dinner on the way home or dining in the restaurant with friends, Platos is yet another Del Taco menu option to fit any occasion, budget or appetite.”
Each Plato includes a choice of a main entrée with a side of fresca lime rice and slow-cooked pinto beans topped with freshly-grated cheddar cheese and served alongside house made chips and salsa casera. Loaded with fresh, quality ingredients and prepared-to-order in the working kitchen of every Del Taco restaurant, guests have the choice of four Platos entrée options, including the two new Wet Burritos:
- NEW Chicken Verde Wet Burrito - packed with slow-cooked pinto beans made from scratch, marinated and grilled chicken, tangy green sauce and spicy jack cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla then topped with tangy green sauce, spicy jack cheese and hand-sliced fresh avocado ($6.49)
- NEW Carne Asada Wet Burrito - stuffed with slow-cooked pinto beans made from scratch, marinated and grilled carne asada steak, zesty red sauce and freshly grated cheddar cheese wrapped in a warm flour tortilla then topped with zesty red sauce, freshly grated cheddar cheese and hand-sliced fresh avocado ($7.49)
- 2 Beer Battered Fish Tacos – wild-caught Alaska Pollock fillet in a crispy beer batter topped with crunchy cabbage, savory secret sauce and handmade pico de gallo wrapped in two warm corn tortillas and served with a fresh-cut lime wedge ($6.49)
- 2 Street Tacos - choice of freshly grilled marinated chicken ($6.49) or freshly grilled carne asada steak topped with roasted chile salsa, diced onions, fresh cilantro and hand-sliced avocado wrapped in two warm corn tortillas ($7.49)
All entrees are also available à la carte. Guests can add a small drink to any Plato for only $1 and substitute black beans for pinto beans at no additional charge.
Cappasola continued, “Platos is yet another extension of our brand promise to provide our guests with the best of both worlds, from quality and value to fresh prep and convenience. The Platos platform hits all the marks for us and we’re confident guests will find them to be a reliable, go-to Mexican meal that satisfies on so many levels.”
About Del Taco Restaurants, Inc.
Del Taco (NASDAQ: TACO) offers a unique variety of both Mexican and American favorites such as burritos and fries, prepared fresh in every restaurant’s working kitchen with the value and convenience of a drive thru. All menu items taste better because they are made with quality ingredients like freshly grated cheddar, hand-chopped pico de gallo, sliced avocado, slow-cooked beans made from scratch, and fresh-grilled marinated chicken and steak. The brand’s UnFreshing Believable® campaign further communicates Del Taco’s commitment to provide guests with the best quality and value for their money. Founded in 1964, today Del Taco serves more than three million guests each week at its nearly 550 restaurants across 16 states. For more information, visit www.deltaco.com.
SOURCE Del Taco Restaurants, Inc.
Powerhouse Public Relations , LLC
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances