Golden Corral Provides Food, Supplies for Hurricane Florence Victims and First Responders
Restaurants Along the Coast of North Carolina Feed Residents and Hurricane Cleanup Workers
September 21, 2018 // Franchising.com // Golden Corral, the nation’s largest grill-buffet chain, has 52 restaurants in North and South Carolina, including many that are in areas affected by Hurricane Florence. In the days following the storm, many of its restaurants took steps to provide immediate assistance to area residents and thank cleanup crews with a warm meal.
Here are some examples of what Golden Corral has done to help those in need in areas affected by Hurricane Florence:
- The Golden Corral in Morehead City, NC hosted free cookouts in its parking lot on September 18 and 19. They served hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, chips and corn on the cob to more than 2,500 people over the two days. They also distributed bottled water, bread, batteries, paper towels and toilet paper for those in need. On the second day, Golden Corral President & CEO Lance Trenary and other senior leaders volunteered and served others at the event.
- The Golden Corral in Jacksonville, NC fed 500 first responders each day, September 12-17, in the days before and after Hurricane Florence hit the area. They are also feeding approximately 900 utility workers each day for the next several weeks until full power is restored to the town. The restaurant quickly reopened to the public on September 16 and has fed more than 3,000 people per day at reduced prices during the days immediately following the storm.
- The Golden Corral in Fayetteville, NC provided breakfast for 200 people on September 18 and will provide lunch for 200 people for the shelter at Manna Church on September 21.
- The Lumberton, NC Golden Corral will be distributing pallets of water and cases of bread on Saturday, September 22 at no charge to members of the community. Cases of water are also being distributed free of charge at Golden Corral restaurants in Fayetteville, Laurinburg, Jacksonville, Florence, Wilmington, and Shallotte while supplies last.
- In Kinston, NC, Golden Corral served more than 300 first responders from New York who were in town on September 12 to assist areas on the coast in advance of Hurricane Florence.
- On Monday, September 17, the Golden Corral in Winston-Salem provided free meals for more than 30 members of the NC Baptist Men and Women Disaster Relief Ministry. The volunteer group is heading to areas of the North Carolina coast to help in the hurricane recovery efforts.
Golden Corral is committed to providing much-needed food, water and support to first responders helping with cleanup efforts and residents in North Carolina who were affected by Hurricane Florence.
About Golden Corral
Golden Corral, based in Raleigh, N.C., is the nation’s largest grill-buffet restaurant chain with 489 restaurants operating in 41 states as of January 1, 2018. Golden Corral is famous for its variety, including USDA steaks cooked to order, smoked meats, awesome pot roast, hot yeast rolls, and desserts like homemade carrot cake and the Chocolate Wonderfall®.
SOURCE Golden Corral
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances