Sport Clips Haircuts Headlines National Huddle with News of Expansion Markets and Record $2.4 Million Donated To Charities
April 10, 2019 // Franchising.com // LAS VEGAS - The "Double Down" theme for Sport Clips Haircuts National Huddle emphasizes the franchise's strengthened commitment to operational excellence, growth and philanthropy. As the nation's leading haircare provider dedicated to men and boys, Sport Clips Founder and CEO Gordon Logan welcomed the record annual meeting crowd of 3,100 team members with news of plans to grow the franchise by more than 100 locations this year in new markets along with expansion in current North American markets. Logan also detailed the franchise's focus on the delivery of championship haircare experiences; measuring and improving franchisee profitability; and attracting and developing more professional stylists.
"It's an exciting time to be a part of Sport Clips as we begin our 26th year serving clients through an ever-growing number of locations and markets," says Logan. "Sport Clips' leadership team remains committed to offering the best in operational support, while area developers and franchisees continue to lead the way in making Sport Clips the go-to guys' haircare provider and employer of choice for more than 18,000 stylists, managers and team members.
"We've streamlined the client check-in experience through the Sport Clips app and online, and, even though we are the first haircare franchise to have locations in all 50 states, we want to make it even more convenient for clients by adding more stores for easy access to our popular MVP experience."
News of note from the Sport Clips National Huddle:
- A total of $5.7 million in Sport Clips-generated donations over five-and-a-half-years are helping veterans go back to school through Sport Clips VFW Help A Hero scholarships; while national partnerships with St. Baldrick's Foundation and the American Red Cross are helping save lives; and the internal Wayne McGlone Memorial Relief Fund is assisting Sport Clips team members in need.
- Sport Clips continues to support the work of Ageless Aviation Dreams Foundation in its efforts to take veterans living in assisted living facilities on "dream flights" in restored Stearman biplanes, and with Sport Clips support the organization is adding a fourth plane into rotation this summer
- More than 1,200 communities benefit from locally-owned Sport Clips franchise locations and are contributors to local economies through employment opportunities, philanthropy and sales that increased system-wide by 10 percent in the past year.
Top awards presented at the Sport Clips National Huddle:
- Area Developers of the Year - David and Becky Weseman, Omaha, NE
- Area Manager of the Year - Janelly Garcia, Tampa, FL
- Team Leader of the Year - Dan and Angie Roberts, Omaha, NE
- Coach of the Year - Frankie Delgado, San Diego, CA
- Logan Trophy - Jeffrey Crummie and Sherry DuCarme, Venetia, PA
Special guests at the Sport Clips National Huddle:
Guest speakers throughout the four-day event included best-selling author Mel Robbins, Amy Leschky-Kahl of The Marcus Buckingham Company, Sport Clips Artistic Team member and Area Coach Brittany Fitzgerald, and John Paul Mitchell Systems National Educator/salon owner Kelly Cardenas.
Growth and franchise Opportunities
Sport Clips Haircuts is looking to add qualified franchisees to its growing brand and currently has franchise opportunities in markets throughout the U.S, including Boston, Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Hartford, Los Angeles, Louisville, Philadelphia, San Jose, Springfield, and Virginia Beach among others. Interested candidates should have "people leadership" and business experience, along with over $200,000 in liquid assets and a minimum net worth over $400,000. Candidates that meet these preliminary qualifications can explore the model in search of a mutual fit and, once approved, they will need to make an initial investment ranging from $204,800 - $368,300. Our sports-themed haircutting franchise aligns well with corporate professionals who are looking to build a business that can help them step away from their day job or create another source of income. For more information, visit SportClipsFranchise.com or SportClips.com.
About Sport Clips Haircuts
Sport Clips Haircuts is headquartered in Georgetown, Texas. It was established in 1993 and began franchising in 1995. The sports-themed haircutting franchise, which specializes in haircuts for men and boys, offers online check in for clients, and is ranked by Entrepreneur Magazine as one of the “Fastest-Growing Franchises’ and #17 in its “Franchise 500.” There are more than 1,800 Sport Clips stores open in the U.S. and Canada. Sport Clips is the “Official Haircutter” of the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW), offers veterans preferential pricing on haircuts and franchises, and was named a “2018 Best for Vets: Franchises” by Military Times. Sport Clips provides “Haircuts with Heart” through its annual Help A Hero fundraiser that has contributed $6.5 million to the VFW; national partnership with St. Baldrick’s Foundation, the largest private funder of childhood cancer research grants; and other national and local philanthropic outreach. Sport Clips is a proud sponsor of Joe Gibbs Racing’s NASCAR drivers Erik Jones and Denny Hamlin, Dale Coyne Racing with Vasser-Sullivan Indy Car driver Sebastien Bourdais, and partners with numerous NCAA and professional sports teams. To learn more about Sport Clips, visit sportclips.com.
SOURCE Sport Clips Haircuts
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business