Apply Today, Start Tomorrow: Leading Discount Grocer Save A Lot To Hire 1,000+ New Employees
Job Seekers Can Simply Text to Learn About Immediate Retail and Distribution Job Openings in Neighborhoods Nationwide
March 24, 2020 // Franchising.com // ST. LOUIS - In response to unprecedented levels of business and demand, Save A Lot, a discount grocer with stores across the U.S., announced today a plan to hire 1,000+ employees to immediately fulfill varying job opportunities within retail and distribution centers throughout the country. Recently displaced workers and those who have been temporarily laid off due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic are strongly encouraged to apply.
"Save A Lot is committed to continuing to provide high quality products and great value to our friends, families and communities across the country," said President and CEO of Save A Lot, Kenneth McGrath. "Now more than ever, our teams are working around the clock in our distribution centers, stores and offices to keep shelves stocked so that we can serve customers. I am very grateful for the amazing team members we have across the organization and their outstanding commitment to our customers. It takes many hands to feed America, and we need more hands. We know that there are many talented, displaced workers in our communities right now, and we want to bring as many as 1,000 new employees aboard quickly to help with this important work to serve our communities."
Save A Lot's hiring initiative spans all distribution centers and many store locations across the country, with a goal of hiring as many as 1,000 new employees as quickly as possible. The company has also streamlined the hiring process, meaning many workers could start the same or next day. To learn more about job opportunities in your area, text RecruitMe to 97211 or visit https://savealot.com/job-openings.
While the impact of the COVID-19 situation changes every day, Save A Lot is committed to maintaining the health and safety of all employees, customers, vendors and supply partners. Following recent news updates and guidance from the CDC, Save A Lot is taking necessary precautions to protect everyone in order to remain a reliable destination for food and supplies, these updates include:
- Store Safety & Cleanliness. Save A Lot has increased the frequency of cleaning surfaces throughout stores nationwide to protect the health and well-being of our teams and our customers.
- Dedicated Shopping Hours for Elderly, Those Most at Risk. Most Save A Lot locations are dedicating the first hour the store is open each day to serve seniors, customers with disabilities and their caregivers. Please check your local store for participation and details.
- Reduced Store Hours. With the increased demand in stores, Save A Lot may be adjusting store hours in some locations to allow for time to clean and restock as needed. Please check with your local store for details.
- Item Limits. Save A Lot has placed temporary limits on some items. More information will be available at the point of purchase at your local store.
For further Save A Lot updates as it pertains to COVID-19, please visit https://savealot.com/save-lot-community-updates.
About Save A Lot
Founded in 1977, Save A Lot is one of the largest discount grocery store chains in the U.S. with 1,100 corporate and licensed stores in 33 states and 14 wholesale distribution centers. Save A Lot remains true to its mission of adding unmatched value to its local communities. Every day. Every way. Customers enjoy significant savings compared to traditional grocery stores on great tasting, high quality private label brands, national brand products, USDA-inspected meat, farm-fresh fruits and vegetables, and other non-food items. For more information, visit SaveALot.com and follow Save A Lot on Facebook (facebook.com/savealot) and Instagram (@SaveALotFoodStores).
SOURCE Save A Lot
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances