Modern Market Opens Supply Chain to Guests, Rolls Out Groceries
The fast-casual makes its supply chain available to guests when produce and proteins are hard to come by
May 29, 2020 // Franchising.com // Denver - A company that began during the last recession, Modern Market Eatery has always been an innovative brand accustomed to adapting quickly. Therefore the decision to offer grocery items to guests amid one of the world’s largest health and economic crises was an easy one.
As grocery stores run low on staples, such as fresh vegetables, fruits and meats, Modern Market is making its high-quality supply chain accessible to guests. With easy access to produce and proteins, and competitive prices that rival most grocery stores for the quantity and quality of items, Modern Market is trying to fill a need in the community.
Last week the eatery rolled out grocery boxes and a la carte grocery and prepared food items for online ordering to all of its currently open markets, including Texas, Arizona and Colorado. Initially tested in the company’s Colorado restaurants, groceries have proven to be extremely popular.
“Our boxes not only give guests what they need, same day delivery, they allow guests to take advantage of the high quality food in our supply chain that may be hard to find at grocery stores right now,” explains co-founder and co-CEO, Anthony Pigliacampo. “We want to give guests access to fresh produce and high-quality meats and prepared foods at reasonable prices that, at the moment, our local grocers may be out of.”
The current grocery offerings include the following. Additional items are being added as interest grows.
- re-Fresh Box: 1 head romaine, 1lb broccoli, 2 bunches asparagus, 1lb cauliflower, 2lb carrots, 2 cucumbers, 3 sweet potatoes, 1lb fingerling potatoes, 1lb mushrooms, 3 avocado, 3 apples, 1lb strawberries, and fresh herb seasoning. (8-10 Meals / $60.00)
- Petite re-Fresh Box: A smaller version of the re-Fresh Box. 1 head romaine, 1lb broccoli, 2lb carrots, 1lb potatoes, 3 apples and 1lb additional fresh fruit. (4-5 Meals / $25.00)
- Grill Box: 3lbs 100% grass fed steak, 10 servings pasta and mac & cheese sauce, 2 bunches asparagus, 1 large loaf sourdough bread, full soup container fresh chimichurri sauce, and 1 gallon classic lemonade. (8-10 Meals / $80.00)
- Basic Box: 2 raw chicken breasts, 1 loaf sourdough bread, 1 dozen eggs, 1 gallon milk, 1lb carrots, 1lb broccoli, 12oz bag local coffee and toilet paper. (4-6 Meals / $50.00)
- A la Carte Items: 12oz salad dressings, 12oz sauces, quarts of soup, quarts of sides, bakery items, bulk raw and cooked proteins.
About Modern Market Eatery
Faster food can be better food. That idea led to the creation of Modern Market Eatery in Boulder, Colo. in 2009. The brand is on a mission to nurture happiness from the inside out by making it easy to eat clean, nutritious and delicious food.
Fresh salads, grain bowls, toasted sandwiches and brick oven pizzas rule the menu, along with quick and hearty breakfast options. With nearly 30 locations across Colorado, Texas, Arizona, Maryland and D.C., as well as Denver International Airport and the campus of Notre Dame, Modern Market is growing quickly.
SOURCE Modern Market Eatery
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances