World Gym Partners With Myzone As Its Official Wearable Technology Provider
September 13, 2021 // Franchising.com // Myzone is proud to announce its partnership with World Gym as the brand’s official wearable technology provider. Using Myzone’s heart rate monitors and digital platforms, the World Gym community now has unlimited access to host challenges for members using technology that adapts to any ability and levels the playing field. Member challenges are just one way that Myzone helps to boost member retention and creates a more engaging experience for athletes.
By training with heart rate monitors such as the MZ-Switch, gymgoers and Myzone movers can gamify both training and recovery sessions. In addition to tracking physical activity in each session, earning Myzone Effort Points (MEPs) provides the motivation for anyone to meet or exceed the World Health Organization’s guidelines for physical activity - 1300 MEPs - in a month.
“With such an iconic brand as World Gym, the expertise that members rely on needs to be complemented by the highest standards of engagement, accuracy and education,” explains Mike Leveque, Myzone CEO of the Americas. “This is especially true as heart rate zones play a pivotal role in the brand’s innovative World Gym Athletics programming, helping anyone better handle the challenges of everyday life.”
“Providing accurate tracking of physical activity in-club with remote classes for any member that wants to move at home, Myzone is a community engagement tool that will bring more people together in the World Gym community.”
World Gym’s COO, Jarrod Saracco, added, “Over 45 years, we’ve earned our legacy in the story of modern fitness; now we’re working to shape its future. Adding Myzone’s wearable devices to what we offer means we can keep more people physically active for longer, from our tech-savvy members to our everyday athletes just looking to record progress on their journey of physical activity. This new partnership means that World Gym has added another element of health and wellness to make our gym experience more rewarding for every member, however they want to work out.”
About World Gym International
The iconic World Gym brand was founded in 1976 by Joe Gold during the glory days of “Muscle Beach” in Santa Monica, CA when serious fitness collided with the world of Hollywood celebrities. Since then, World Gym has evolved into an internationally recognized brand that has captured the imagination of fitness enthusiasts around the globe. With its headquarters located in Southern California, World Gym currently has over 230 locations on 6 continents. To learn more about World Gym and franchise opportunities with this storied brand, please visit WorldGymFranchising.com.
Myzone is a unique wearable fitness brand that rewards effort rather than ability, motivating its users to feel good about exercise and work harder. Myzone uses inclusive, game-based mechanics and social elements to build communities together on the Myzone app. Myzone creates personalized zones for each user, based on their maximum heart-rate, which means anyone can compete together on a level playing field.
Myzone develops accurate wearable technology, to provide engaging and motivational experiences, which support behavior change to make exercise habits stick. Myzone is used by 1.8 million people and already represented in over 7500 facilities in 84 countries.
- The most accurate calorie cruncher on the market - the chest strap boasts a heart rate accuracy of 99.4% ECG and the wrist watch a 95% PPG accuracy and in conjunction with personal body metrics, it ensures calorie-burning calculations are supremely accurate and personal to individuals in your community.
- It praises like a PT - Unlike other activity monitors Myzone rewards effort not fitness, motivating everyone to work harder. Myzone recognises everyone is different, so it creates a handicap for every user, based on their maximum heart-rate, which effectively means members can compete with anyone on a level playing field.
- It’s a multiplayer game - Myzone is massively addictive, challenging and motivating. Use the app to create competitions with friends or plot your progress on the leader board as Myzone turns effort into points, and then equates them to the World Health Organization’s guidelines for physical activity.
- It’s Facebook for physical activity - Myzone has its own social media network. Use it to follow friends, analyse workouts, then ‘like’ or comment on their efforts to stay connected - whether you are competitive or love collecting those likes to keep you moving. Together we are stronger, with the unbeatable connected experience.
SOURCE World Gym International
Head Of Content
Phone: +44 (0)7708 522563
For World Gym
Dog And A Duck
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances