Modern Market Eatery’s Giveback Program Sees Major Success, Donates Nearly $100K to Nonprofits Throughout 2021
Fast Casual Brand on a Mission to Make the World a Better Place Through Wholesome Menu Offerings and Community Giveback
December 16, 2021 // Franchising.com // DENVER - Modern Market Eatery, the healthy fast casual restaurant brand known for its scratch-made, nurturing and convenient food options, remains incredibly committed to giving back to the communities it serves. The better-for-you franchise continues to set a philanthropic example for the restaurant community, donating nearly $100,000 year-to-date to various non-profit organizations through monthly giveback initiatives both online and in-restaurant.
The company is on a mission to make the world a better place every day through its scratch-made, affordable food, and the community giveback aspect allows the brand to further align its nourishing menu with its enriching community service contributions. All year long, Modern Market has been donating a percentage of total purchases when guests use a unique code while placing their orders. Charities include Arizona Coalition for Change, Black Resilience in Colorado, African American Youth in Texas, Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP), Dress for Success, Keep A Breast, and Oweesta.
“We envision ourselves as the leader of next-generation players, and that begins with making the world a better place for years to come,” said Rob McColgan, CEO and co-founder of Modern Market. “As a purpose-driven brand, our giveback program is more than just a responsibility, it’s a part of who we are and who we plan on growing to be. We are incredibly fortunate to be in a position to help these organizations that are passionate about creating a brighter future and doing their best to assist and educate their communities.”
The Colorado-based brand spearheaded a number of fundraising initiatives throughout 2021, including the following:
- February: In honor of Black History Month, Modern Market showed its continued support of the black community by donating to three organizations that support the empowerment of and advocate for black communities, including Arizona Coalition for Change, Black Resilience in Colorado, and African American Youth.
- March: Supporting Dress for Success, Modern Market donated to the women’s support network, empowering women to achieve economic independence with professional attire and development tools. Additionally, in support of its home market following the Boulder grocery store shooting, the company raised money for and donated to the crisis fund.
- May: An ally to Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP), Modern Market contributed to the cause helping to expand and mobilize resources for AAPI communities to build a more just and equitable society, helping the non-profit grow from a small, dedicated group of philanthropic professionals to a robust national network of community leaders advocating for change.
- June: Enabling promising lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer students to achieve their full academic and leadership potential, the brand donated to the Point Foundation’s scholarship fund.
- August: Helping women overcome barriers to sustainable employment by building confidence while providing resources and culinary job training, Work Options for Women was awarded a donation through Modern Market’s giveback efforts, further promoting the cause of food with a purpose.
- September: Continuing its support of education for all, Modern Market donated to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, which grants Hispanic students and parents with the knowledge and resources to successfully complete a higher education, while providing support services and scholarships.
- October: Supporting Keep A Breast for the third year in a row, Modern Market graciously donated to the organization focused on breast cancer prevention and education.
- November: Closing out the year, Modern Market donated to Oweesta, the longest standing Native CDFI intermediary helping to provide opportunities for Native people to develop financial assets and create wealth by assisting in the establishment of strong, permanent institutions and programs contributing to economic independence and strengthening sovereignty for all Native communities.
“Each of these organizations’ core values of empowerment and education go hand-in-hand with ours,” said Beth Hardy, vice president of Marketing. “Modern Market is all encompassing for different causes – we exist to make the world a better place for every community through nourishing, delicious and affordable food. We are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and are honored to give back to the communities we serve and support.”
In addition, Modern Market also raised more than $60,000 for local nonprofits across Colorado, Texas and Arizona this year through its community fundraiser program. Through this program, the brand raises money through a non-profit fundraising event, either online or in-restaurant, and donates 30% of the sales back to that organization. Modern Market makes it easy to organize and book fundraisers for non-profit organizations online at groupraise.com/modernmarket.
As the fast casual brand plans to continue its expansion across the country, Modern Market is seeking multi-unit operators who reciprocate the commitment of providing scratch-made, better-for-you menu items while also giving back to the communities they serve. For more information on franchising opportunities, interested franchise candidates and license partners should visit modernmarket.com/franchise.
About Modern Market
Faster food can be better food. That idea led to the creation of Modern Market Eatery in Boulder, Colo. in 2009. The brand is on a mission to nurture happiness from the inside out by making it easy to eat clean, nurturing and delicious food.
Fresh salads, grain bowls, toasted sandwiches and brick oven pizzas rule the menu, along with breakfast all-day options, handmade lemonades and specialty desserts. With nearly 30 locations across Colorado, Texas, and Arizona, as well as Denver International Airport and the campus of Notre Dame, Modern Market is growing quickly and has consistently captured a spot on Fast Casual’s “Top 100 Movers & Shakers” list.
SOURCE Modern Market
Fishman Public Relations
Add to Request List
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Expansions & Growth
- Financial & Earnings Claims
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Personnel Changes
- General Announcements
- Conferences & Events
- Product Announcements
- Media Coverage
- Strategic Alliances
- Business Services
- Cleaning and Maintenance
- Financial Services
- Franchise Consultants
- Health and Wellness
- Home Services
- Senior Care
- Service Brands
- Small Business