Blaze Fast-Fire’d Pizza was on Fire in 2019 and is Stoking the Flames into 2020
2019 was a breakthrough year for Blaze Pizza, the fast-casual artisanal pizza concept known for its chef-driven menu and casually hip restaurants.
At 340 locations and growing, guests can now enjoy Blaze Pizza in 41 states and six countries. While expanding its real estate footprint, the brand has also focused on growing its digital sales. Offering a frictionless ordering experience with the convenience of delivery or carryout, Blaze has grown its online sales from 10% to 17%. Together, that equates to more than $400 million in revenue this year, with continued growth ahead.
“It’s easy to chase numbers and try to get as many units open as you can,” says Blaze Pizza CEO Mandy Shaw. “But it’s more important to us to make smart decisions that result in continually satisfied customers and increased franchisee profitability. Fast-casual pizza is still a relatively new category. We have to offer things that get consumers to try us and keep them coming back.”
To that end, the company continues to change the game with new initiatives that showcase its commitment to making intelligent choices for its people, pizzas and planet.
- Large Pizzas
- Disrupting traditional delivery pizza, Blaze invited guests to “upgrade the way you pizza,” introducing new Large (shareable!) Pizzas, crafted with scratch-made dough, real ingredients and inventive toppings
- New Crust Options
- Blaze became the first national pizza chain to offer a Keto Crust (GF), with only 6g net carbs
- Launched a Cauliflower Crust (GF), in addition to offering its house-made Gluten-free Dough
- Debuted Life Mode Pizzas – Keto, Protein, Vegetarian and Vegan – allowing guests to ‘chart their own course’ across a variety of lifestyles
- Strawless Cups
- First national pizza chain to go strawless systemwide when it launched new domed lids to top their selection of fountain beverages, including the Signature Blood Orange Lemonade, season agua fresca drinks and Blue Sky soda, made with cane sugar
- Plant-Based Protein
- Introduced its first plant-based protein across U.S. restaurants. Guests can now heat up any pizza by adding Spicy Chorizo (vegan), a proprietary product, available at no extra charge
- New Website
- Revamped to focus almost exclusively on online ordering, including a more intuitive, easy-to-navigate ordering process and a nearly effortless guest experience
“You can count on us to maintain a healthy, balanced approach to growth, while focusing on initiatives to entice repeat traffic,” said Shaw. “We will continue to build our presence in existing markets, as well as overseas in 2020, cultivating fanatics worldwide.”
If you’re looking for an investment opportunity in 2020, now is a great time to find out more about Blaze Pizza. The brand is looking to add qualified franchise partners and has markets and territories available for development.
For more information about franchising opportunities, visit https://www.blazepizza.com/franchising.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories