Home Care for the 21st Century Focuses On Patients Through Innovation and Technology
Home Care for the 21st Century has been known as an innovative brand since launching 25 years ago. In fact, it’s the only health care brand in the market to offer a full continuum of in-home care services, and it has worked diligently at leveraging technology to be more efficient and effective at a lower cost for payors. Though technology and efficiency are important, the brand remains dedicated to its franchisees, clients, and the quality services it provides.
During the past quarter, century Home Care for the 21st Century has helped establish more than 4,000 independently-owned home care businesses serving clients across the country. The company’s franchisees provide clients with easy access to health care professionals in the home; prolong the need for skilled or assisted living care; provide a peace of mind with compassionate, professional care; and extend the quality of life.
The brand’s unique structure allows its franchisees to offer these 8 inclusive home healthcare-related services:
1) Companion Care – Non-medical caregivers help keep clients in their homes helping with chores, light housework, and meal preparations.
2) Personal Care – Hands-on services such as dressing, feeding, and assistance with doctor and hospital visits.
3) Private Duty Skilled Care – Nurses and therapists handle services such as physical, occupational, and speech therapy. These services supplement what Medicare and Insurance do not cover.
4) Medicare Skilled – Medicare pays you to send nurses and therapists who handle services such as physical, occupational, and speech therapy.
5) Hospice Care – You deal one-on-one with family and clients going through end of life care.
6) Medical Staffing – Your office assists healthcare professionals with positions in hospitals, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities.
7) Non-Emergency Medical Transportation – You provide clients with mobility issues occasional or regular transportation to see doctors, grocery shopping, or other events.
8) Durable Medical Equipment – You offer equipment that assists clients
One of the company’s most recent innovations was using Telehealth technology to support COVID-19 patients in the home.
“We have been able to offer remote patient testing via questionnaire to find out if the patient may have a flu virus,” says VP of Franchise Development, Lori McCauley. “Once a patient is quarantined we offer a 14-day program that includes 24/7 temperature and respiratory monitoring, as well as a remote patient coordinator to be available 24/7 for any condition changes or for random check-ins.”
Beyond its use for COVID-19, the Telehealth platform allows franchisees to assist patients with issues ranging from memory care and dehydration issues, to two-way medication reminder videos, socialization programs, and more.
The company also partnered with a lab to supply franchisees with upper-lower respiratory test kits so their patients can be tested at home. Likewise, franchisees’ staff can be tested at home and cleared before going into a patient’s home.
The COVID-19 pandemic has opened the door to the need for Telehealth solutions. And technology will undoubtedly lead to further developments. That’s why Home Care for the 21st Century will remain dedicated to staying ahead of the technology curve.
“Our franchises will have something new and innovative to come to market with to help differentiate themselves from their competitors including Bluetooth technology, wearables, and home-based laboratory testing,” says McCauley.
Home Care for the 21st Century is a unique and innovative investment opportunity and there are still many prime territories available for franchising. Visit www.homecareforthe21stcenturyfranchise.com or call 833-432-2273 for more information.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories