9 Ways To Become a Brand Your Customers Fall in Love With
Getting your customers to see you as the only one that provides a solution to their problem involves everything you do — and everything you choose not to do. It communicates the value and character of your brand. Even the little things matter: the message you send when you handle phone conversations, when you send email messages, the way you conduct business in a meeting, the way you handle complaints, the convenience you offer and the relationships you cultivate with your customers. It’s all part of the message you are sending about your brand.
Your brand resides within the hearts and minds of customers, clients, and prospects. It is the sum total of their experiences and perceptions.
To gain customers — and keep them for life — you have to do more than introduce them to your brand, business, or product. You have to make them fall in love with it.
Experts say that before you devise any strategy, find out what you can do that will entice customers to come back to you again and again and talk about their experience with their friends. As Walt Disney said: “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”
Here are 9 ways to make your customers fall in love with your brand – along with examples of companies who are doing it.
1) Be convenient. Understand your customer’s lifestyle and adapt to it. People love convenience. We love to be able to shop in the evening and go to the bank on Sundays. Brand we love: Metro Bank
2) Offer dazzling customer service. Three out four (73%) customers love a brand because of friendly customer service. It’s okay to charge a bit more for your product if you can provide solid value for the extra dollar spent. Remember, customer service doesn’t cost, it pays. Brand we love: Apple
3) Be obsessed with your product or service. People love quality brands because they know what they are going to get. Stand behind your product and services and support customers because you truly want to help them. When companies are interested in helping their customers, the results are more profitable in the long run and they will spend significantly more money. Brand we love: Amazon
4) Provide consistent quality. Employees are proud to work for a company with a leader and senior managers who support quality service and prove their support with their actions. The service must be noticeably better than service provided by anyone else. Brand we love: Disney
5) Cater to your customer’s heart. Many customers prefer a brand just because it is contributing to charitable projects. If you have some spare dollars to spend and a noteworthy project you’d like to support, this may open the path to your customers’ hearts. Customers love your brand much more when you give to others and include them in the process. Brand we love: Starbucks
6) Solve a common problem. Many times we find ourselves saying, “Why didn’t anyone think of this sooner?” Make your brand stand out in innovation. Address a typical problem and provide a once-and-for-all-solution. Brand we love: Uber
7) Protect the environment. Lead official campaigns to protect the planet. Let your customers know that you are doing something here, and that they are part of this effort too. Engage them, educate them, lead by example, and head for a greener future together. Brand we love: Tesla
8) Guarantee faster service. Time is money. If your company has the means and resources to be the fastest, this may be a way to make your customers fall in love with your brand. Exceed expectations and deliver your services and products in record time. Brand we love: Chewy
9) Talk to and listen to the customer. It’s not just disgruntled customers – happy ones also share their experiences with their friends. It is an important way to influence them to spread positive words about your business. Be vigilant, zealous, and addicted to the customer experience. Brand we love: Stew Leonard’s
Customers may be tempted and follow another brand for a while, but if they love your brand for more than just the products or services you offer, they will never leave. When you make customers fall in love with your brand the sky is the limit. Just ask the leaders!
John Tschohl is a professional speaker, trainer, and consultant. He is president and founder of Service Quality Institute, with operations in more than 40 countries. He is considered one of the foremost authorities on service strategy, success, empowerment, and customer service. His monthly strategic newsletter is available online at no charge. He can also be reached on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories