How Sport Clips Is Using Technology To Accelerate Its Way Out of the Pandemic
Sport Clips turns to technology during Covid
Technology continues to play a critical role in the evolution of so many aspects of our day-to-day life. Yet in a business like Sport Clips, focused on providing hair care services, it isn’t always clear how technology will enhance the client experience.
That’s one of the reasons Sport Clips brought me on as CIO almost 6 years ago. I started with bringing in a new point-of-sale vendor to move the brand into the online check-in arena and provide enhanced capabilities to improve the customer experience. As the brand prepares for the next several years of growth, I have engaged multiple technology vendors to improve several key areas of the business.
- Artificial intelligence (AI) – Sport Clips will be the first brand in the hair care space to use AI to improve in-store operations and the client experience around wait-time accuracy.
- Team leader and franchise management hub – This project will enhance the brand’s support processes and is designed to ensure efficiency as well as provide a simple consolidated location for documentation and communication across the system.
- Business intelligence tools – BI tools and reports will enhance the brand’s ability to measure store performance on demand, so support team members can provide improved support metrics.
- Updated credit card processing hardware – This upgrade allows Sport Clips to continue to be best in class in terms of PCI-DSS compliance, and to increase contactless capabilities to meet the needs of our clients in 2020 and beyond.
- Global client CRM – This upgrade will ensure the brand can provide franchisees with more capabilities than ever with regard to unique client messaging based on frequency of visit and spend in-store.
Sport Clips is committed to the long-term health and success of its franchise system, which has shown incredible resilience and continues to fight hard to recover from the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. These strategic investments are one of the reasons Sport Clips is a brand that will come out of this challenge stronger than ever.
Dan Miller is CIO and Senior Vice President of Information Security at Sport Clips Haircuts. He joined the company in December 2014 as its first CIO. Previously, he served as CIO at Massage Envy and was a member of the IFA’s Technology Committee.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories