Winning Questions that Increase Your Selling Success
Carefully designed probes presented throughout your sales process will bring a franchise prospect closer to you, and help you gain invaluable insights into their character, interests, and buying motivations.
Below are some of the classic questions that have worked for hundreds of franchise sales executives. Pick your favorites and use them throughout your recruitment process. Your candidates appreciate that you want to know more about them and care enough to ask them these revealing questions.
- Why are you looking now?
- How long have you been looking?
- What in particular in the ad prompted you to respond?
- What was it about our business that made you respond?
- What other opportunities have you considered? What do you like and dislike about them?
- How do you define success?
- Are you really ready to own your own business? Why?
- What don't you like about your current job? What do you like?
- What has been your experience in managing other people? What are your strengths? Any areas perhaps requiring improvement?
- How will you know when you have found the right opportunity?
- What gets you most excited about this franchise? What are your biggest concerns?
- What do you want your business to do for you?
- What do you expect to gain by making a career change?
- What does franchising mean to you? What are the advantages and possible disadvantages?
- What are your strengths that will help you succeed in your own business?
- What makes you believe you would be successful operating one of our franchises?
- How do you see yourself in this business? What role will you play initially and long term?
- How does your spouse or partner feel about this opportunity? What do they like? What do they dislike?
- What contributions do you believe you can bring to our system?
- What do you do for relaxation?
- Tell me about some of your hobbies and activities outside of work.
- What do you think about our opportunity so far?
This excerpt is from my Amazon.com best-selling book, "Grow to Greatness: How to build a world-class franchise system faster." To order copies, click here.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Sponsored Articles
A targeted, quarterly magazine that takes CEO's, VPs and Sales Executives to the cutting edge of franchise development.