2015 AFDR Highlights: Website Mystery Shopping & Social Presence
This newsletter continues to present highlights from the 2015 Annual Franchise Development Report (AFDR). The 2015 AFDR is based on responses from 139 franchisors representing 36,313 units (32,693 franchised and 3,620 company-owned).
This week: website mystery shopping and social channel performance.
Process Peak conducted this portion of the mystery shopping, examining the websites of 147 franchise brands to evaluate how well they are using their online presence to grow their brand and manage their reputation.
Process Peak's Jon Carlston noted that franchisors are doing a "great job" of getting their websites to appear on Google's first search results page, but are not doing a great job using social channels as an additional way to promote their franchise opportunity. Here are some of his findings:
- Although the percentage of franchise brands with mobile-friendly websites doubled compared with the previous year, only 4 in 10 (43 percent) had taken the steps to make their websites mobile-friendly.
- Additional findings showed that fewer than half of the brands mystery shopped had a specific franchise URL, stated their financial requirements clearly, or included the financial investment (see graphic).
- Use of click-to-call technology is another area for improvement: just 30 percent offered it on their websites.
How To Order
The complete 2015 AFDR, with analysis and benchmarks, is available for $199. New for 2015 is a 5-video package that includes videos of presentations from this year's Leadership & Development Conference. The package, at $299, also includes the 2014 AFDR for comparing year-to-year survey results. For ordering information, call Sharon Wilkinson at 800-289-4232 x202, email email@example.com.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories