Profiling for Success Using Personality Types
With dozens of locations and hundreds, or even thousands, of employees to hire, train, manage and retain, multi-unit franchisees need tools that are effective, economical, and simple to use. Eighty-nine percent of Fortune 100 companies make use of the Jung/Myers model of personality type to help them address these challenges.
Personality type is the most popular model in the world for understanding people. It enables recruiters, managers, and coaches to understand what makes each individual tick, and provides them with keen insights and simple, practical, proven strategies for achieving their various goals. In conjunction with MSA Worldwide, our company has developed the following suite of tools designed to meet the unique needs of multi-unit franchisees. Personality types also can be used for evaluating above-store hires up to the C-suite, as well as potential franchisees.
- Hiring. Using our Profitability Potential Selection tool, employees complete a "Franchisee Strength Assessment," a validated personality type assessment that takes about 5 minutes. They instantly download their "Franchisee Strength Profile," a report that identifies their potential strengths, blind spots, and success strategies. A "Profitability Potential Profile" for each employee allows the franchisee to rank each person as a 1, 2, or 3 (based on their profitability). This can assist them in selecting new hires with the greatest profit potential, identifying which employees can be coached to greater profitability, and which proven strategies will be most effective for each type.
- Training. Our one-day SpeedReading People training teaches two critical skills: how to quickly understand others, and how to get on their wavelength and "speak their language." This training is customized to meet the specific needs of each client, and has been delivered to dozens of leading companies worldwide. It includes a suite of easy-to-use online tools, available 24/7.
- Managing, engaging, and retaining. Our TeamWorks tool helps managers understand how to motivate, engage, and retain each individual employee and helps team members (even virtual ones) understand each others' strengths, blind spots, preferred communication style, and how to collaborate most successfully with all of their teammates. It's quick and easy to set up for each team. Virtual training is included, with onsite leader-led facilitation available.
- Turning managers into coaches. Our Online Coaching tool provides managers with a succinct report customized for each employee, describing their strengths and potential blind spots, how to engage and give feedback, how to inspire and motivate, what to avoid, and key success strategies. Using data from the Profitability Potential Selection tool, managers are able to identify which employees need coaching, and to know which specific strategies will help each individual maximize their performance.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories