The Great Labor Shortage - 6 Perspectives on Finding, Hiring, & Retaining Employees
We’re calling this the “Labor Shortage” issue of the Franchise Marketing Leadership Report. It’s the first, but it may not be the last.
There are no simple answers, and potential solutions vary from industry to industry, brand to brand, and city to city, but there are suggestions galore available as more and more businesses grapple with staffing problems in the final quarter of 2021. And with the holiday season approaching fast, the seriousness of the problem is magnified for the many, many businesses that rely on this time of year to survive.
Here are 6 articles from around the Internet looking into The Great Labor Shortage of 2021… as if you haven’t searched already on your own! We hope you find something of value here, and in the other articles in this issue that look into the problem.
1) Leveraging Marketing Tech To Recruit the Best Restaurant Employees, from QSR magazine, suggests using technology in innovative ways to get ahead of the pack in the competition for the best employees.
2) Restaurant Workers of the Future Need Heightened Digital & People Skills, from Nation’s Restaurant News, takes a look at training the employees you do manage to find and hire.
3) What Can Companies Do To Retain Staff?, from the Los Angeles Times, focuses on what you can do to keep your current employees.
4) How To Bring In Staff During the Worst Labor Shortage in 30 Years, from Modern Restaurant Management, offers 4 tips for finding and hiring at restaurants and hotels.
5) Fast Food Customers Return, But Workers Don’t, Triggering Major Changes, from the Washington Post, looks at what QSR brands are doing to attract workers, with a focus on wages.
6) Finally, another article from QSR magazine with a novel solution to the staffing shortage at one franchise brand: Raising Cane’s Corporate Staff To Work Inside Stores, Recruit Talent Amid Labor Shortage.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories