8 Questions to Help You Select the Right Beauty Franchise
Just like shades of nail polish and hair color, you have numerous choices when it comes to selecting and investing in a beauty franchise. There is no doubt you can find one that suits you no matter what your budget is, how much time you want to invest in your business or your lifestyle goals. Beauty franchises range from low-cost, home-based cosmetics models to brick and mortar salons. With so many to choose from, narrowing down your choices may seem overwhelming. Answering the following questions will help you to do so.
- Will I enjoy the work? Sometimes when people buy a franchise they focus on how much money they might make, without considering if they’ll enjoy the actual work. It’s important to determine which of the many existing beauty franchise models interests you most.
- How much can I afford to invest? The primary cause of most businesses failing is lack of adequate capital. You will need enough money to open your franchise and run it until it becomes profitable. It is a good idea to have a year’s worth of living expenses as well as additional funds to float your business saved in the bank.
- Does the franchise have a successful track record? Get as much information as you can about the franchise’s leadership and profitability. It is wise to hire an accountant with franchise experience to review the financial analysis of the franchise in order to determine whether it is a solid company.
- What kind of training and support will I receive? Franchisors know their success is based on yours, so most invest in providing you with support from the moment you sign your franchise agreement. Find out how extensive the support will be and if it will enable you to overcome any areas that may not be your strength but will be important to the success of your business.
- Are franchisees at the franchise I’m interested in generally glad they invested in it? One of the best ways to find out if a franchise is likely to meet your expectations is to speak with at least half a dozen of its franchisees in order to find out what their experience with the franchise was like. If the majority of them are happy they did so that is a good sign.
- Do I like the franchise’s staff? You’ll likely be interacting with staff at the franchise’s headquarters on a regular basis. If you get along with them, it will make working with the franchisor for years to come a pleasure versus a chore.
- Can I terminate my franchise contract? You may want to move on to another career or retire at some point, so it’s important to understand what the franchisor requires in order for you to leave the franchise.
- What are the long-term goals of the franchisor? Find out if the franchisor’s vision of growth aligns with your own.
It’s important to really think about what you want when it comes to your lifestyle, family, work schedule, interests, values, and ethics, not just about how much money you would like to make when considering purchasing a beauty franchise. Combining soul searching with diligent research will help you identify the beauty franchise brand that is most likely to deliver what you are seeking.
Share this Feature
Comments:comments powered by Disqus
- Multi-Unit Franchising
- Get Started in Franchising
- Open New Units
- Featured Franchise Stories
Featured Beauty Opportunities